Strange Oil Leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbellybill

Reaction score
I see a slight oil leak. If you look at the oil cap just above it there is a bolt with a washer, it's around that. Started noticing it after I switched to Rotella oil. I know I got to get this bike looked at, just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

I see a slight oil leak. If you look at the oil cap just above it there is a bolt with a washer, it's around that. Started noticing it after I switched to Rotella oil. I know I got to get this bike looked at, just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

There`s a copper washer under that bolt there is a oil galley there just try to snug it up a bit .

Not sure it's oil. Now looks more like coolant and it looks like it's coming from the head gasket. When the bike is hot you can see it bubbling a tiny bit around the gasket below the cylinder. I can't win. If this is the case they have to pull the motor right? At least it's under warranty.

Not sure it's oil. Now looks more like coolant and it looks like it's coming from the head gasket. When the bike is hot you can see it bubbling a tiny bit around the gasket below the cylinder. I can't win. If this is the case they have to pull the motor right? At least it's under warranty.

If you have full coverage insurance I would drive it off into the lake. :rofl_200:

That bike has been a lemon from day 1 for you Bill.

yeah I think I'm fooked. I just got done a 600 mile trip with no issues. Went to work, came home and saw very tiny wet spots around my seal on one cyld.

Hey Bill
if ya can, snap a pic of the location of your oil / coolant leak maybe one of us here can tell you if its serious to go to the dealer or if its normal, or a simple fix you can do.

yeah I think I'm fooked. I just got done a 600 mile trip with no issues. Went to work, came home and saw very tiny wet spots around my seal on one cyld.

Bill, while you're still in your first year, you can still purchase the YES extended warranty. I'd seriously consider it. Let Yamaha worry about issues in the future, not you.

Back