Handlebars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimmie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if anyone makes a cruiser style handlebar for the max? Something that would let you lean back some.

Thanks

Try flanders handle bars I belivie they do. If not they will custom a set for you

Does anyone know if anyone makes a cruiser style handlebar for the max? Something that would let you lean back some.

Thanks

MORE than stock? :ummm:

I went with drag bars and haven't regretted it one bit. I like being biased INTO the wind though.

Flanders are the bomb! I have their drag bars.

MORE than stock? :ummm:

I went with drag bars and haven't regretted it one bit. I like being biased INTO the wind though.

Flanders are the bomb! I have their drag bars.

You have any pull-back on yours?

Flanders have very nice bars for sure, but a little pricey-er:)biglaugh:) than these. This is what I bought and they work well. They are not as wide as the Flanders but they are wider than stock by 1/2". (stock is 27", believe)

I think mine were 30 or so???!!!

I needed the extra width to fit everything correctly.:eusa_dance:

I have a couple of inches open bar space(both sides) between the clamp and controls. I don't use it for any thing right now but may put my GPS and a phone mount on there.

We can get a few different bar types but you really need to be carefull when chaining them both wider and/or more pullback/rise. The factory cables only have so much adjustment in them and you can end up with bars that bolt in but cables that won't reach. As long as you don't get crazy you can adjust a bit like you want.

Flanders makes the best bars out there but they cost a lot too. My bars are a lot less but not as nice in the long run.

Sean Morley

I like the bars I got from Python other than the fact they're a little narrow and if I ever wanted to move the forks up in the tripple I couldn't. My stainless lines won't allow as on the brake side I have the longer banjo and two lines up there.

I threw away my stock tricycle handlebars for a set of drag bars also purchased from a dealer for less then 20.00. What a difference.
I dont believe you will find pullback bars for a VMAX I am sure you will find pullback bars in 7/8 all day on the internet.

Becareful I am not sure how far you are wanting your pullbacks to go. You may first want to see how much slop you have in the electronic cables along with the throttle cable.

I use flanders 31 inch drag bars with I think 2 inch pull back.This was my 4th set if you count the stock ones. had some of them 2 inch wider bars. 28inch drag bars and now the 31 inch flanders drag bars just love them. also have room on them to mount my oil gauge. radar,and gps mount. they are rather expensive around 100.00 to the door. but worth it to me:punk:

I was thinking that the handle bars would help, but I got some foot pegs today and mounted them right on the frame up front. That seems to help being able to change my leg position. I'm able to lean back alittle. We'll see this weekend how they work on longer rides.:biglaugh:

I like the stock pullback and rise but would like a wider bar (2" or so). Where can I get a bar like that?

I like the stock pullback and rise but would like a wider bar (2" or so). Where can I get a bar like that?

Python has set that sounds exactly what your looking for - I wanted a set too, but shipping to Canada was too much $$$

Mike

Well you know Mike I live just over the border so maybe it could ship to me and somehow find it's way to you...:confused2: :biglaugh:

Gimme your address, I have a set of superbars that sounds like what your looking for. I'll send em on over. If you don't like em, just pass them on :)

Back