So it's broke

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have one of each. Only difference is which way the vent tube is facing. I'll make sure it's the left side one.

There is a difference even with left front and left rear. Subtle but different.

Sean

Dustin, I'll leave it up to you then. I have mix and matched before. I'm not sure which carbs the covers are from...just know that one was left side and one right.

I'VE been going through some web-site's, & unfortunatly it looks like buster is right ! Looks like they don't sell it seperate. That is bullshit ! I can't believe it ! I'm sure that sean morley or one of our other friends on this site will be able to help you out ! OR IF SOMEONE WILL SPONSER ME FUELINJECTION I'LL GLADLY GIVE QUARTERHORSE ALL 4 OF MY CARBS ! :rofl_200:

Hey cop runner, have been off the forum for a bit, when did you stop yelling at everyone!!!!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Laters dude

Lay your bowl cover flat and face it towards the camera so we can see the orientation of the vent pipe. It will be facing either up or down (may even look flat) but either way will give Mark a chance to see if it's the right one for you.

Sean

Lay your bowl cover flat and face it towards the camera so we can see the orientation of the vent pipe. It will be facing either up or down (may even look flat) but either way will give Mark a chance to see if it's the right one for you.

Sean
There is a picture of it laying flat on page two of this thread. He should be able to go off of that picture to make sure it is the correct one.

Nope, needs to be from the side so we can better view the angle.

Hey cop runner, have been off the forum for a bit, when did you stop yelling at everyone!!!!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Laters dude
YEA , MY FIREMANS FAIR WAS THE LAST 5 NIGHTS , BUT MY CAPITAL LETTER BUTTON WAS LIT BUT NOT WORKING , I HAD TO SHUT IT DOWN & REBOOT IT ! BUT I'M NOT YELLING JUST GOING BLIND ! :rofl_200:

HEY QUARTERHORSE, I HAD A BAD IGNITION BOX ONCE , ON A XS1100 , IT STARTED NOT GOING OVER 9,000 RPM'S . HAD THE CABS DONE , SAME PROBLEM ! KEPT RIDING & IT KEPT GETTING WORSE , IN NEXT COUPLE WEEKS IT WOULD'NT GO OVER 3,500 RPM'S , JUST LIKE A REV - LIMITER , BUT FELT LIKE IT WAS RUNNING OUT OF FUEL ! BUT IT WAS THE IGNITION BOX, MAYBE THAT DYNA IGNITION BOX IS NO GOOD ? JUST A THOUGHT !:punk:

Yeah COP RUNNER I thought ignition at first too since I just put the Dyna on, but the air filter was soaked with fuel. I think it's a float or needle/seat issue.

Sean, here are pics of the bowl.
Carb6.jpg

Carb5.jpg

Gimmie a buzz and let me know or if you have any questions. I've been busy today and will be this week on a rush job for a customer so my computer time is limited since I'll be in the garage cleaning this thing up waiting for parts as well. 515-205-0989

Thanks all

Dustin

Let's see if mark has the right one and go from there.

Sean

My left side one has a flat vent. I can't tell from the picture if yours is flat or up a tad.

If the vent tube isn't a big deal which I don't think it should be, go ahead and send it. Shoot me your paypal if you'd like, or an address for a check. Either way I'm fine with it. If you could I would like to have it before the weekend.

Thanks a ton Mark.

Well I got all the carbs torn apart, cleaned up, and back together except for the one needing the bowl. I also took out the fuel filter, shook it up, and dumped it out the inlet side. I couldn't believe all the garbage that fell out of the filter. I'm sure this may have caused my original issue of it flooding out on my ride.

As soon as the float bowl gets here, it's getting slapped on, the rack assembled, and going on the bike for a sync. I gots ta show this certain slow '85 a thing or two even though I got 60lbs on him. ;)

I gots ta show this certain slow '85 a thing or two even though I got 60lbs on him. ;)

Haha! Someone was dreaming good last night.:clapping: I'm ready to re-teach you all over again. Its my pleasure.:rofl_200:

Ha, the first vehicle you have a chance to beat me on and your head starts to swell. ;) Don't let it get too big, you may blow off the bike. :D

Ha, the first vehicle you have a chance to beat me on and your head starts to swell. ;) Don't let it get too big, you may blow off the bike. :D

You two Beating each other here now too. I guessed that was a Conesville thing only.

Jason, did I miss the post of pics on your new big boy bike? Where they at?

Later.

Conesville thing only? Nope, thats a good verbal beating we give eachother daily. I was actually logging on to post up the pics of my bike. Not much to look at really.:moped2:

Quarterhorse, I may have a big head right now, but its no where near as big as your head. Yours is like the shape of a cinder block.:bang head:

Back