carburator bungs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THMAX98

Reaction score
I did the ultimate sin and bought a Vulcan and didn't ride THMAX for a few years , now that ive seen the light again and sold the Vulcan ive found that the carbs need a bit of a birthday,to clean out the jets ive had to remove the 2 rubber bungs ,now these bungs have gone as hard as and basically now wouldn't bung a chickens bum hole,i know I can buy new ones but by the time you do the exchange rate and postage they work out to be around $11 each x 8 ,does anybody have a secret to making the bungs soft again or an aftermarket bung that would work

Wintergreen oil/rubbing alcohol bath, lots of google worthy things about rubber rejuvenation but this is the one I used. I wouldn't say perfect but a whole lot better than before.

Wintergreen oil/rubbing alcohol bath, lots of google worthy things about rubber rejuvenation but this is the one I used. I wouldn't say perfect but a whole lot better than before.

+1, also loosen up the clamps as far as you can, and spray a bit of WD-40 (or the equivalent) to help the carbs slide down.

I did the ultimate sin and bought a Vulcan and didn't ride THMAX for a few years , now that ive seen the light again and sold the Vulcan ive found that the carbs need a bit of a birthday,to clean out the jets ive had to remove the 2 rubber bungs ,now these bungs have gone as hard as and basically now wouldn't bung a chickens bum hole,i know I can buy new ones but by the time you do the exchange rate and postage they work out to be around $11 each x 8 ,does anybody have a secret to making the bungs soft again or an aftermarket bung that would work

No problem I can send you a set of new jet block plugs. Four large and four small. They are not stock but are the correct fuel resistant rubber and work great. Pm me, Ted...

Back