What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey KJ you're in Alaska, right? Anchorage? I am coming up to Whitehorse, Yukon at the end of the month to visit family (born and raised there). I miss those midnight sunsets... We're gonna go hunt them sheep!

I'm in Fairbanks, There are a few forum members in Whitehorse.

I liked it there. When I moved back from southeast Alaska, I took a detour into Whitehorse. I love that whole Yukon Territory and Canada area.

When I get done with school, I'm going to take a vacation and have a nice drive through YT into Alberta and back.

When you get there, you'll have to hit up lil's place and have the chubby checker burger for me :punk:

I'm back home (late night arrival) and will meet my man up for lunch. He told me to meet him at the restaurant but I told him I'll wait for him to get out of work. He asked why and I said "Because I really enjoy riding in the parking garage and hearing my bike rumble. I even trigger a particular car alarm when I go by haha!" I love having people staring at me :)

After a previous thread and Chris giving me grief about my warning stickers , well off they came after attacking them with the hairdryer . They took awhile to come off tho . It has been 17 years tho , a quick clean up with petrol a wash and polish and you would never know they were on there .:punk:

LOL Look at you go! :eusa_dance:

Well yesterday I dropped my OEM silencers (they weigh a TON!) and fitted that pair of slightly discolored Supertrapps that came with my spare bike.
Then went and rode it. These things are loud. I like them at idle, and when opening it up in the first couple of gears, but I'm not sure I like the constant drone at highway speed. Still, I did shed many pounds. What a dilemma..

Didn't notice any difference in the running other than noise. They kinda look cool too :)

I wear ear plugs and don't notice a thing except pure tranquility... :biglaugh:

I bet that felt good :biglaugh:

You would know right? lol It felt great!

Looking forward to doing it again soon. Just need the painter to give me my paint work back.

I got the rad side back and proceeded to grab the 2000 and 3000 grit paper and some water and go to work on it. Buffed out with some Adams Swirl and Haze Remover and Machine Polish and it looks B-E-A-utiful!:eusa_dance: I'll of course wait a couple of months before I touch it with my Adams Americana wax. (GOOD stuff)

You would know right? lol It felt great!

Looking forward to doing it again soon. Just need the painter to give me my paint work back.

I got the rad side back and proceeded to grab the 2000 and 3000 grit paper and some water and go to work on it. Buffed out with some Adams Swirl and Haze Remover and Machine Polish and it looks B-E-A-utiful!:eusa_dance: I'll of course wait a couple of months before I touch it with my Adams Americana wax. (GOOD stuff)

Yes indeed, I do. Now go tell your painter to give you your parts or your gonna rip him a new one:deadhorse:

I'm back home (late night arrival) and will meet my man up for lunch. He told me to meet him at the restaurant but I told him I'll wait for him to get out of work. He asked why and I said "Because I really enjoy riding in the parking garage and hearing my bike rumble. I even trigger a particular car alarm when I go by haha!" I love having people staring at me :)

typical gear head. jules you gotta go find a underpass on the highway or side road that's kinda like a small tunnel, you know about 300-500 ft long and open it up under there, the echo at any speed sounds super tough :punk: make sure you drop a few gears to hear her roar ey:biglaugh::biglaugh:

LOL Look at you go! :eusa_dance:
I wear ear plugs and don't notice a thing except pure tranquility... :biglaugh:

I've never ridden with earplugs in my life, and I did once and "pure tranquility" describes it VERY well. I was in such a relaxed peace of mind....it was amazing. Never again will I go riding for more than 20 minutes in a row without plugs.

I've never ridding with earplugs in my life, and I did once and "pure tranquility" describes it VERY well. I was in such a relaxed peace of mind....it was amazing. Never again will I go riding for more than 20 minutes in a row without plugs.

WHAT?
:ummm:

well might take the max on a ride today if i can line up my ducks. gonna test the gas mileage, well got no choice next fuel stop about 130km away, should be no problem if i can keep it under 5Grand along the trip :Whistle:

well might take the max on a ride today if i can line up my ducks. gonna test the gas mileage, well got no choice next fuel stop about 130km away, should be no problem if i can keep it under 5Grand along the trip :Whistle:

Ride like hell the first 120km and then coast the last 10km.

Buy a Mark's exhaust and you will turn more heads than ever! :drool: Those trips through the parking garage will have the local building's alarms going off, not just cars! :punk:
Only thing is you will no longer be able to sneak up on ANYONE if you install the Mark's!:biglaugh:

Buy a Mark's exhaust and you will turn more heads than ever! :drool: Those trips through the parking garage will have the local building's alarms going off, not just cars! :punk:
Only thing is you will no longer be able to sneak up on ANYONE if you install the Mark's!:biglaugh:

Yeah... It's great!

I couldn't believe the amount of people that came up to me... :eusa_dance:

I'm headed home from work and gonna take out my clutch plates. They're gettin beadblasted tomorrow morning!

looked at the new oddysey battery i'm going to put in soon. came charged @ 12.8V going to put it on the trickler overnight once its installed.

holeshot pipes should be in tomorrow (thnx sean) i haven't even seen them yet as they went right from the seller to sean. hopefully have it all buttoned up late friday/early saturday

typical gear head. jules you gotta go find a underpass on the highway or side road that's kinda like a small tunnel, you know about 300-500 ft long and open it up under there, the echo at any speed sounds super tough :punk: make sure you drop a few gears to hear her roar ey:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Oh I've done the underpass as much as humanly possible but haven't found a tunnel yet. Oh that would be fun...I'm grinning just thinking about it:eusa_dance:

Yeah... It's great!

I couldn't believe the amount of people that came up to me... :eusa_dance:
I would like to hear them. I think mine are pretty loud but you can never know whos are louder until you have them side by side. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!:rofl_200:

you gotta check out the sound of the 4 into 4 like mine. sounds like a nice slow idling v8 glad i got these pipes with the bike.

well put on a yamy windshield(taller one) and took it for a quick burn to see what it will be like on a long cruise, and not sure cause im tall but it was way more wind noise, buffeting on my jacket and tons on my helmet at anywhere from 60km to 110km so what the F??? came home took it off, atleast when im just driving the wind is constant on my chest and helmet doesnt knock me around. I was thinking of finding the short wind deflector, not sure if that workes at all or just for looks???

new shift light and bracket & upper shock bolts

Finaly got them to my house and installed. BTW Dale walker Pipes sound the best IMO......:biglaugh:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Re: new shift light and bracket & upper shock bolts

Finaly got them to my house and installed. BTW Dale walker Pipes sound the best IMO......:biglaugh:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dude, where did u get that cover for your shift light!!!! i am trying to find one so bad!

Latest posts

Back