First time

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the new galfer clutch line, looking to purchase a all in one bundle. Factory steels, good fibers, pcw spring. Is there anything else I need? How tough of a job is this? Any help is appreciated. Would like to order everything from the same spot

The clutch job is an easy one. PCW for the spring unless you get a vendor offer here on the forum.
Are your fibers really "bad", and are your steels beyond sanding or bead blast. Unless your clutch
was really slipping like even in 3rd, 2nd, Ill bet you can rough the steels, do the DD mod and be just
fine.

I've got the new galfer clutch line, looking to purchase a all in one bundle. Factory steels, good fibers, pcw spring. Is there anything else I need? How tough of a job is this? Any help is appreciated. Would like to order everything from the same spot

Sent you a PM Poolie. Text me if you need anything.

Thanks guys, yeah it's slipping pretty bad. I get a little excited on her sometimes , so she's been pushed pretty hard. I can feel the bike playing catch up with the motor at highway speeds in 2,3, and 4th

This probably isnt it.....but dont forget, if you switched to some chinese levers, it will put pressure on the clutch pushrod (because the hole in the lever isnt deep enough), and so will put pressure on the clutch, and make it get hot and slip. Kinda like riding around with you lever halfway pulled all the time.

Stock levers for now, it's just toast. I love going fast. Now I have to pay the cost. Can't wait to see how much quicker it's gonna launch

Stock levers for now, it's just toast. I love going fast. Now I have to pay the cost. Can't wait to see how much quicker it's gonna launch

I think DD is for you Poolie. I've got the extra diaphragm spring here for you. A used one is best. Two new ones would be lever unfriendly.
Steve-o

Thanks Steve-o. I was just telling my friend about how you stayed on the phone with me while I was doing my starter clutch. Told he vmax guys are a different breed very grateful, nothing but respect.

Latest posts

Back