HELP DD mod gone wrong!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InThePlums

Reaction score
Hey guys, followed every step of the DD clutch mod but now can't pull in the clutch lever at all.What did I miss?

Make sure the pressure plate is aligned properly so it is tight against the first friction pale.
When I installed my Barnett clutch I had a 1/6" or gap and it would not engage or disengage.
Once I rotated it so it was tight to the first friction plate all was good again.

Attachments

• Barnett_Clutch_Installed.jpg
    Barnett_Clutch_Installed.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 42
Make sure the pressure plate is aligned properly so it is tight against the first friction pale.
When I installed my Barnett clutch I had a 1/6" or gap and it would not engage or disengage.
Once I rotated it so it was tight to the first friction plate all was good again.

Ok just disassembled the plates again, clutch lever still won't budge with no plates in. Do I just need to bleed the hydraulic line? Or could I have fouled something else up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pull the lever during the process? That will engage the clutch and push everything out. So, bleed the system, and push the push rod back in place, and the put the pressure plate, spring housing, spring, and pressure plate #2, which is the plate that goes under the screws. If you pulled the lever while doing the clutch repair, you will tighten down the bolts to the point of deforming that plate.

Ive also had better luck doing the clutch in first gear.

If you've pulled the clutch lever with nothing to push the diaphragm back the piston is solid against the block now. You're going to have to push the piston back in. Your "hat" or plunger sticking out of the center of the primary shaft needs to be pushed in.

Thanks everyone, it was the plunger, it hap come out during the first disassembly and I kept trying to install it over the spring plate instead of under- dumb mistake. Also decided not to go full DD, the second spring I bought is I guess not the oem one, it didn't match to the stoc very well, the cone shape on it was a little more severe than mine and it looked to be a few millimeters thicker, so I removed the stock and used that one. Much much more pull now. Feels like it's shifting and grabbing like it should and the clunky feel is gone. Just a solid click and it's much smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back