New Seat for The Mad Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmadoorag

Reaction score
Well, I shipped out my old seat to Ohio and will get an exchange back in a week or two. The pic is of a Max at their shop, not my Max. Still gonna keep the Mad Max wrap (for a long time).vmax seat small.jpg

Not sure what your saying here?
Are you buying a seat like one in the photo?

If so, from who in Ohio?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

looks like a cut-down stocker w/a center pleat front/rear design, not bad-looking. What's the cost for the re-work?

Sorry... I wasn't too clear. I had a stock seat on my Max. The picture is of the new seat I am getting. It is lowered 3" and has a carbon fiber design on the pleated insert. The cost is $349.00 and they pay the shipping back to me. I did pay to ship my old seat up there, cost me $44.00. It was purchased on ebay from Star Rider Performance. They are in Norton, OH.

Star Rider Performance
5271 Wooster Rd W
Norton, Ohio* 44203-6262

I will post pics and give a review after I get it and put it on. Lowering my weight on the bike should improve the handling somewhat. At least I hope so...

It's Mike Lees that used to be the head mechanic for UFO Cycles. He's continuing on Jon's work at his own shop (Jon's widow closed up the old shop). We could do a similar design if so desired but wasn't too much of a fan. Did one in a really wild coloration a number of years back. Here it is for your enjoyment (and laughter lol). I do actually still have the body set available for sale.

Attachments

• Purple Pimp.jpg
    Purple Pimp.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 60
WOW, not that is a colorful seat. You would never lose it at Daytona...prob
ably never get stolen either. LOL.

Lowering my weight on the bike should improve the handling somewhat. At least I hope so...

Lowering the center of gravity won't improve the handling....at least not by my definition of handling.

It will make the bike feel more stable though for sure, and it will go straight and hold a line better.

That 'bright' upholstery looks like a PEZ dispenser candy color.

Well, here is the new seat. Will get better pics when it is not raining. I really like it. Fits well. It is 3" lower than stock.

Attachments

• New Seat Small.jpg
    New Seat Small.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 54
Here are a few more shots of the new seat.

Attachments

• seat1 small.jpg
    seat1 small.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Seat2 small.jpg
    Seat2 small.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 31
Well, here is the new seat. Will get better pics when it is not raining. I really like it. Fits well. It is 3" lower than stock.

very nice, looks great! how much where who how does a guy get that done?

is it more comfy for your riding style, physique etc? i'm 6foot1, 200+ lbs, looking for a more comfy seat.

Also, i really like your paint job! very cool and the carb covers etc....very cool!

It is lowered 3" and has a carbon fiber design on the pleated insert. The cost is $349.00 and they pay the shipping back to me. I did pay to ship my old seat up there, cost me $44.00. It was purchased on ebay from Star Rider Performance. They are in Norton, OH.

Star Rider Performance
5271 Wooster Rd W
Norton, Ohio* 44203-6262

I found the seat on ebay and the whole transaction was done there. All of the different style seats and prices are listed. At six ft. tall, just remember that your rear end will be about 3 inches lower in the saddle. Remember that when you think about how much your knees are bent now. I am 5' - 6", and weigh 185. I have adequate room in the seat.

Here is a url for the ebay listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Ma...m3abfbd937b:m:mMU4WBUpskvuaIRrN7G2_ZQ&vxp=mtr

I had my seat re-upholstered, with 'gel' inserts. Cost me $60 and took the guy 2 days to do it.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back