Talk of new VENTURE?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
I've heard of talk of a new Venture tourer that might use the vmax engine?

Attachments

• venture.jpg
    venture.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 49
I have seen speculation of a 3rd gen Venture before, really a cool idea. I had always hoped it would be designed in the spirit of the 1st gen Venture and bear no resemblance to a Road King. In any event a tourer with that V4 promises to be pretty awesome. IMHO the pic is showing an engine to narrow to be the V4 aside from the absence of exhaust routing. I agree it looks like a twin. I own a Gen 1 Venture and I would be far more likely to buy an updated modernized version of that than another RK lookalike.

I think it's safe to say that the market is saturated with cruisers and cruiser style tourers featuring a big twin engine. Whatever style Yamaha goes with when it introduces a 3rd gen Venture I think it's safe to say that it would have the V4.

I does look like there is a long black pipe running along the bottom of the engine although it might be the frame.
Yamaha has a long history of using engines across different platforms and the Venture has used the Vmax in the past as everyone here knows. It would be interesting to see a Japanese mfg use a twin for their touring bike.

How nice and smart would it be if Yamaha designed some parts for a new v-4 that they could sell us to upgrade our Gen 1's. Sorry to exclude my Gen 2 friends. You already have a screaming machine though.
Steve-o

There was a patent already issued with dwgs and design concepts when the gen 2 was released back in 2009. I might have to look those up and see how similar they are to the picture you posted!

Ya know if I didnt know any better I would suggest that those pictures reek of Polaris, not a bad thing at all but just sayin'. I would jump right on a Polaris if the big twin were my thing, damn fine bikes IMHO. Am I wrong about this? The lower fairing suggest liquid cooling or a huge tilt on wind protection, maybe both.

Having had two 1st Gen Ventures, I was very disappointed with the "Retro" look of the next generation.

Seeing how the Venture, IMO was more sporting than the Goldwing, I was hoping the new Venture would go further in that direction.

I always thought the lines and design of the BMW LT 1200 (which came out around the same time) looked like what a next generation Venture should have been.

Look at the photos side by side......to me the Beemer looks like a more modern 1st Gen Venture.

002.jpg001.jpg

Having had two 1st Gen Ventures, I was very disappointed with the "Retro" look of the next generation.

Seeing how the Venture, IMO was more sporting than the Goldwing, I was hoping the new Venture would go further in that direction.

I always thought the lines and design of the BMW LT 1200 (which came out around the same time) looked like what a next generation Venture should have been.

Look at the photos side by side......to me the Beemer looks like a more modern 1st Gen Venture.

View attachment 55260View attachment 55259

Agreed. I just love how gawdamn smooth and fluid K bikes are. At this point the Venture has some real retro appeal wheres the older K bike still looks pretty modern. They do sort of look like the same bike with a quarter-century between them. Fingers crossed that the Gen3 Venture takes on this style.

Latest posts

Back