Engine cuts out on full lock.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalbo

Reaction score
I have found that when steering 'left' on full lock, my engine will cut out. This is obviously always at a very slow speed and in 1st gear, when either turning into my driveway or making a 'U-turn'. I haven't noticed a problem on right lock. I am assuming it would indicate that it maybe effecting a wire in either the ignition or the ignition cut-off. I have not been able to find anything obvious? Anybody else had this problem before? An electrical fault is more obvious, but I suppose there could be another cause.

I bet it's pulling something in your right switch housing (kill switch). Will it start right back up with the starter if you straighten the bars? Also check the slack in your throttle cables.

I bet it's pulling something in your right switch housing (kill switch). Will it start right back up with the starter if you straighten the bars? Also check the slack in your throttle cables.

yes, it starts straight back up again even if the bars AREN'T straight? That's the confusing thing.
When you say check, do you mean too tight or too slack? What's the relevance of the throttle cables?
Thanks

The closed throttle cable could be getting pinched.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OK. Will check it out. The previous owner of my bike went a little crazy with cable ties. Everything including brake lines, wiring and cables are tied up to each other and to the bars and frame. Maybe i should start by removing all the ties. he was obviously a little OCD.

I can respect OCD but cable length and position are by design to prevent binding and allow ample slack. I think I would see what happens without the extra zip ties.

The closed throttle cable could be getting pinched.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The 'open' & 'close' throttle cables had been fastened together tightly with 2 plastic zip ties. The first tie was almost immediately below the throttle and the 2nd approx 8'' further down. I removed both ties and it stopped the problem.

Back