pops when cold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angus

Reaction score
when i first start my max and let it warm up at a idle it pops now and then what could cause this doesn't do it when warmed up.

when i first start my max and let it warm up at a idle it pops now and then what could cause this doesn't do it when warmed up.

Is the choke/fuel enrichment system working? The lever for fuel enrichment can come loose. Motors run ok on the lean side, when they are warmed up.

You could open your a/f mixture screws around 1/4-1/2 turn each and richen it up-should go away.

Mine will queef a little bit when stone cold if I open the choke fully to soon, I would agree that it's probably not a big problem as long as the choke works on all carbs. I can see where the fingers that pull each individual choke could come apart and I'll bet that would cause excessive cold popping.

Mine have both done this for many years. I set the carbs up this way cause it doesn't foul plugs if left idling.

Thanks guys I will do another pea shooter when it warms a bit.I will try opening the a/f screws a bit.

Thanks guys I will do another pea shooter when it warms a bit.I will try opening the a/f screws a bit.

Yep.....when CV carbs get warmer...they get richer. When they are cold they will be on the leaner.

If you want to do something.....try the shotgun. With the peashooter you are just dribbling in cleaner and hope that it removes any clog. The shotgun will blast away obstructions with compressed air.

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm

Latest posts

Back