Thor is Stalling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
My max (Thor) started having an issue today. Was getting ready for a ride, started it up without issue. Let it get warmed up while got my gear on, rolled it out of the garage an it stalled (in nuetral). I then hit the start button an got nothing. Cycled the key and hit start button and it started right up. Put into gear (no issues) and started to disengage the clutch and it stalled. This happened a few time. It will idle fine so I'm not sure if its movement of something else. Battery is good (14.2 volts). I'm think sidestand relay but not sure how to test. Any other thought to help me pinpoint what could be the issue ?

My max (Thor) started having an issue today. Was getting ready for a ride, started it up without issue. Let it get warmed up while got my gear on, rolled it out of the garage an it stalled (in nuetral). I then hit the start button an got nothing. Cycled the key and hit start button and it started right up. Put into gear (no issues) and started to disengage the clutch and it stalled. This happened a few time. It will idle fine so I'm not sure if its movement of something else. Battery is good (14.2 volts). I'm think sidestand relay but not sure how to test. Any other thought to help me pinpoint what could be the issue ?

Sounds like sidestand switch-make sure it is plugged all the way in on the left hand side (2 prong plug next to slave) or bypass completely by taking out the blue plug behind the left scoop.

Sidestand switch should kill it as soon as you put it in gear if that's the problem, I think.

I vote clutch switch problems of some sort maybe.

Thats the funny thing, the first time it happened it was not in gear. I just rolled it out of the garage (backwards), braked to stop and it stalled. I'm going to be out for town the next few days but will give the electrical connections a once over when I get back.

Doug

Latest posts

Back