Morley Muscle Seat - Amazing!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorgBiker

Reaction score
I received my seat from Sean Morley a couple of days ago. Wow, is it amazing! Not only was it the easiest mod I've done, it's definitely in my top three best bang for the buck mods! I've got about an hour of saddle-time on it today at lunch, and it still felt better than the stocker did after 1 minute. Plus it really looks great, and the stitching 'pops' just right.

I have a couple of pics that really show off the carbon look, which looks really sweet next to the carbon tank, but my image hosting company is having some issues, I could only get one picture to load. I will put up more when it decides to start working again.

The good news is that this pic also shows the new LED headlight and you can also see the Kerker can, which used to be brushed aluminum, but after trying to buff out a scratch became polished aluminum (once you polish one area, you have to make the whole thing match!!).

wj9y50.jpg

Some guys don't mind the stock seat. I think they are crazy. I can't stand it. A seat mod is a must do for me. My first mod was a sissy bar so my wife won't fall off. Second was a seat so I wouldn't want to jump off!

I've done a lot of mods since then and the seat is one that is worth every penny. Aside from the comfort, I think it makes the bike look better too.

Bike is looking good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Some guys don't mind the stock seat. I think they are crazy. I can't stand it. A seat mod is a must do for me. My first mod was a sissy bar so my wife won't fall off. Second was a seat so I wouldn't want to jump off!

I've done a lot of mods since then and the seat is one that is worth every penny. Aside from the comfort, I think it makes the bike look better too.

Bike is looking good!

I'm with you Mike, could not tolerate the stocker for long. I had a easy out for replacing it though, it was a little torn and covered with duct tape so I had to change it, right? Love my Morley seat as well although I may yet send it back to Sean to add more foam to get a little more distance from the pegs.
BTW, my seat is 7 years old in this pic from 2014:

Seat.jpg

I'm with you Mike, could not tolerate the stocker for long. I had a easy out for replacing it though, it was a little torn and covered with duct tape so I had to change it, right? Love my Morley seat as well although I may yet send it back to Sean to add more foam to get a little more distance from the pegs.
BTW, my seat is 7 years old in this pic from 2014:

View attachment 55309

I bought my bike with a Corbin, I never tried a stock seat but I'm sure the Corbin has to be worse, it even looked bad. When I installed the Maxgasser I noticed a nice drop in my position which put me more in the bike than on it, and more behind the windshield than over it. Being lower is nice, but I noticed the same disadvantage you noted, lack of space between the seating surface and the pegs. When I take a long ride I start to feel like I'm being smuggled across the border in a bowling ball bag. The Vmax is a fairly cramped bike to begin with so I choose to remedy it with highway pegs and extenders to strike a perfect position and stretch out when I'm on the road. If I lock my knees straight its just right to lift my backside off the seat just enough to relieve pressure and get the circulation going again. It's really quite perfect.

I also read that the Airhawk seat cushion is an amazing thing to have for long rides. I find my seat pretty comfortable but I think I'll try one of those out myself or at least have it with me in case monkey butt sets in.

Bike is looking good!

Couldn't agree more Mike....best description of the stock seat I ever heard (maybe you said it....:confused2:) was, "It's like sitting on the edge of a 2 x 4"!

I received my seat from Sean Morley a couple of days ago. Wow, is it amazing! Not only was it the easiest mod I've done, it's definitely in my top three best bang for the buck mods! I've got about an hour of saddle-time on it today at lunch, and it still felt better than the stocker did after 1 minute. Plus it really looks great, and the stitching 'pops' just right.

I have a couple of pics that really show off the carbon look, which looks really sweet next to the carbon tank, but my image hosting company is having some issues, I could only get one picture to load. I will put up more when it decides to start working again.

The good news is that this pic also shows the new LED headlight and you can also see the Kerker can, which used to be brushed aluminum, but after trying to buff out a scratch became polished aluminum (once you polish one area, you have to make the whole thing match!!).

wj9y50.jpg

Very Nice!! :thumbs up:

I must be one of the few that likes the stock seat, lol. Wouldnt mind siting on a mid cut or just a reshape to see the difference though. Looks good Borg!

I bought my bike with a Corbin, I never tried a stock seat but I'm sure the Corbin has to be worse, it even looked bad. When I installed the Maxgasser I noticed a nice drop in my position which put me more in the bike than on it, and more behind the windshield than over it. Being lower is nice, but I noticed the same disadvantage you noted, lack of space between the seating surface and the pegs. When I take a long ride I start to feel like I'm being smuggled across the border in a bowling ball bag. The Vmax is a fairly cramped bike to begin with so I choose to remedy it with highway pegs and extenders to strike a perfect position and stretch out when I'm on the road. If I lock my knees straight its just right to lift my backside off the seat just enough to relieve pressure and get the circulation going again. It's really quite perfect.

I also read that the Airhawk seat cushion is an amazing thing to have for long rides. I find my seat pretty comfortable but I think I'll try one of those out myself or at least have it with me in case monkey butt sets in.

I agree Casey, I have highway pegs, and have a Air Hawk cushion that I purchased for the Newfoundland trip. Both of these mods work to an point but not long distance trips for me. Here is a pic of my Vmax touring setup next to Dave's sweet Super Tenere which will be my next bike that I will use for any distance riding.

125.jpg

I just need to get a better solution for storage of my motorcycles which will be three bikes with the addition of the S10. My house is a little over 4 years to payoff and at that point a proper garage will be built.

I agree Casey, I have highway pegs, and have a Air Hawk cushion that I purchased for the Newfoundland trip. Both of these mods work to an point but not long distance trips for me. Here is a pic of my Vmax touring setup next to Dave's sweet Super Tenere which will be my next bike that I will use for any distance riding.

View attachment 55311

I just need to get a better solution for storage of my motorcycles which will be three bikes with the addition of the S10. My house is a little over 4 years to payoff and at that point a proper garage will be built.

I miss the days where I could get on damn near anything and ride for days. Try as I might I cant really get the Vmax setup for the long haul but it remains a damn fine day/weekend bike. I went through NE looking at houses and by the time I got back here to SD I knew I would need something different. At least an Airhawk can come with me to whichever bike I'm riding.

That Tenere looks like a nice comfy place to sit, also looks like it might handle rough going/unpaved surfaces better than the 28 yr old Venture I will be touring with this spring, which I doubt could handle much more than a pile of cigarette butts in a parking lot.

I cant wait to hear how that seat works on a trip, I wonder if Sean can do a Venture seat.

We've done a venture seat before. Mostly just a recover though.

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_150757_959.jpg
    IMG_20150418_150757_959.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 51
I did this yesterday, thought I posted it, but maybe not.

Ok, take 2: Other Seat Pics:

Before:

dorjpc.jpg

After:

281a4ib.jpg

Side view closer:

8zjux5.jpg

Stitching:

mh4w94.jpg

Now on to the 6 piston brakes! :punk:

E1C13A4A-4D03-4DEF-B9BB-0A199F341B5F.jpeg

View attachment 55311

hi there, nice ride! I have a 1989 all stock. I’m leaning towards the Morley or max gasser seat...May I ask where you found your side bags, Hwy pegs And windshield?

@one2dmax , Normally, how much is a Morley Muscle seat? I have a 2005 and am thinking about putting a new seat on and I've only heard great things about 'Morley's Muscle' seats. Thank you!

Back