February??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
We are having an epic warm spell for the next few days. The Max is still hibernating, but I got the RoadStar out for a ride. Then a quick beer, and back home to slap in a set of Sintered brake pads in front. I took the bike out for a test run in a TShirt! February? Still need to do the rear pads, but that's for later.

BTW, I bought the Volar sintered pads from D2Moto. I found a discount code, and got them for about $15.00 shipped. For all 3 calipers! I've been using Volar Kevlar pads on the bikes for a while with decent results, but for the price, I figured I'd get sintered.
Quick impressions are that the bike has a LOT more braking power, but not a bit of grabbiness. The Kevlar pads always needed a bit of warming up to work really well, but these pads grabbed much better from the first stop. I figure they will really get better after a few miles of bedding in.

For that deal, I got a complete set of pads for the Max, sintered - and I think I paid even less that I did for the Roadie brakes. They will go in when I do the fork bearings and tires.

Hopefully, I won't wind up on the wrong side of a hedge the first time I try to use them at speed in a turn.

I'll keep you all posted on how these pads work, as I get to use them a bit more.

Attachments

• 16864179_1797252353859453_3187721190785511011_n.jpg
    16864179_1797252353859453_3187721190785511011_n.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 34
Put the rear pads in this morning. This weather is getting me itchy to get the Max out to the garage to do head bearings, brakes and tires... 4 weeks till spring!

Weather's been great down here too_Only one fair snow so far,6 to 8 inches,Two cold snap's,Around 20 to 5 degrees.Old man winter is a sneaky shit,Ain't over till it's over.Best of luck with the new brakes.

Did about 40 miles with the new brakes, they bedded in quickly and are quiet. The increase in stopping power is very noticeable.

Latest posts

Back