Anybody happen to have a receipt for a set of Progressive 440 rear shocks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
Long-shot unusual request I know, but a buddy of mines "lifetime warrantied" shocks have given up the ghost and Progressive will not replace them without a receipt.

He's searched but he can't find his receipt now, 10 years later.

You'd think Progressive could be a little flexible with something like this but they are not.

Thanks.

Mark

That sucks. Obviously they are Progressive shocks, I'm sure there are no fakes out there... Expecting someone to hold onto a receipt forever to get a warranty honored seems a bit like a cheap way to get out of repairing something you promised to... Only exception would be if it was warranted to the original owner, and the shocks were sold. Even then, it's cheap..

That sucks. Obviously they are Progressive shocks, I'm sure there are no fakes out there... Expecting someone to hold onto a receipt forever to get a warranty honored seems a bit like a cheap way to get out of repairing something you promised to... Only exception would be if it was warranted to the original owner, and the shocks were sold. Even then, it's cheap..

Yeah it does suck.

He doesn't even have many miles on them, the Vmax is his second bike that he doesn't ride all that often.

It's worth noting with regards to a ''lifetime warranty'', this does not refer to YOUR lifetime, but rather the life expectancy of the product. This can be set by the manufacturer and may not be as long as you think. It is always worth checking the small print. If the product is only designed to last 10 years, then that would be a ''lifetime warranty''. I have bought things with a ''lifetime warranty'' that on checking the small print was 5 years! ( in this case a computer).
I believe that in the case of something like the progressive shocks, as long as the company are still operating and 'that particular model of shock' is still in production, the warranty should be honored. There is no legal necessity to provide proof of purchase when returning an item to the manufacturer. This is only required when a store is responsible for refund or repair. I have returned a 'Zippo' lighter for repair under the 'lifetime warranty' and was not asked for a receipt as there is only one Zippo Company.

It's worth noting with regards to a ''lifetime warranty'', this does not refer to YOUR lifetime, but rather the life expectancy of the product. This can be set by the manufacturer and may not be as long as you think. It is always worth checking the small print. If the product is only designed to last 10 years, then that would be a ''lifetime warranty''. I have bought things with a ''lifetime warranty'' that on checking the small print was 5 years! ( in this case a computer).
I believe that in the case of something like the progressive shocks, as long as the company are still operating and 'that particular model of shock' is still in production, the warranty should be honored. There is no legal necessity to provide proof of purchase when returning an item to the manufacturer. This is only required when a store is responsible for refund or repair. I have returned a 'Zippo' lighter for repair under the 'lifetime warranty' and was not asked for a receipt as there is only one Zippo Company.
So true.

It may be a case of 'Progressive' having set what they believe is the life expectancy of the shocks. The receipt is proof of how long you have had them. If you have had them longer than the companies 'set' life expectancy, you will have no chance of having them repaired or replaced. At 10 years they may have already reached the 'life warranty' set by the company.

I MIGHT be able to find mine. Not sure if mine are 440s. Definitely progressive. P.o. had them installed along with a bunch of other goodies, gave me a file FULL of receipts. I'll look tomorrow.

I MIGHT be able to find mine. Not sure if mine are 440s. Definitely progressive. P.o. had them installed along with a bunch of other goodies, gave me a file FULL of receipts. I'll look tomorrow.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back