Jay Gleason Memorial Run-Drag Race

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
March 23rd (Raindate March 25th)

https://www.facebook.com/events/580283358842451/

http://www.starvmax.com/kunena/15-vmax-racing/188500-8-seconds-our-swan-song

V-Maxes will be making runs at the Bradenton Motorsports Dragstrip (near Tampa Florida) honoring the Legendary Jay Gleason. We will be attempting and 8 second run in Jays honor on the bike he was slated to ride.

This was in the planning for a number of months with Jay, Tim Nash, and Myself and were saddened about Jay's passing. I know however that he would not want us to give up on the project so we're moving forward with it.

The goal is to make an 8 second pass with the stock engine and throttle body, with only weight reductions and tuning. The bike is already historic as it was originally built by Jon Cornell and has already run an 8 second pass though with the assistance of nitrous. We've removed the nitrous system along with some other parts and continue to tune to get maximum power! Tim has already made huge gains in the power department and isn't even done yet! A new header is in development and hopefully will be ready for tuning in a few weeks.

Please feel free to share this with whomever you may want to and feel free to attend the event to either participate or just watch.

Sean

It would be great to be there if I'm feeling better by the time it happens.
Saved the Facebook link and hope....
I'm hating "Old Age"!

Best pass last night was 9.28 but at 155mph. Going to work some other issues with the wheelie bar and give it another go on Sat. Got plenty of power and mph. Just need to get that 60' time down.

Is there any video's or pictures of the event. How was the turn out?

Awesome guys...good luck today...can't wait to see the outcome. Already is pretty epic.

Latest posts

Back