*^%$&*((^$!!!!!--gas cap..!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Reaction score
gas cap wont come off..... rotten mother%$%##%$&&^*!!!

key turns to the 2 oclock position, then a little klink and nothin...

seems like this key is good but I dont know.... I may have to get this cap off with out a key.... any suggestions ...?

I'm sure you tried everything I would have tried, like pushing down on the cap while turning the key, twisting the cap back and forth while turning the key:confused2:That sucks man, good luck.

Lubricate the key hole. Let it sit for a bit, then try again.

+1 - Also push down hard on the cap when turning the key. I don't know why they made such a secure fuel cap. The average fuel thief would never find the gas cap to begin with & if they did they would only get 3 gallons for their efforts... :rofl_200:

+1 - Also push down hard on the cap when turning the key. I don't know why they made such a secure fuel cap. The average fuel thief would never find the gas cap to begin with & if they did they would only get 3 gallons for their efforts... :rofl_200:
yeah , THATS MY THING , THEY DON'T NEED THAT LOCKING GAS CAP , NOBODY EVEN KNOWS WHERE IT IS ! .. SHIT WHEN I'M OUT DRINKING & STOP FOR GAS , I F^@#%*G FORGET WHERE IT IS ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I was saying that same thing.... WHY DO THEY NEED A LOCKING GAS CAP UNDER THE SEAT !!??? who would steal three gallons anyways?? thats funny...

mighta been a better idea to key the seat latch maybe? Duh

I oiled it, pushed on it, pulled on it, cursed it, spit at it, cursed it some more..............still wont come off....:damn angry::bang head::ummm:

Hammers work well... do it with a hammer.... hit it that is...

try twisting it a bit after you turn the key

i like a locking fuel cap. make sure someone doesn't pour something in thats not supposed to be there. good luck with the cap tho!

push wiggle twist lubricate lock anything you can think of man!

I had that problem too. Wd-40 in the key hole. Push the cap doww while turning the key (you know it need a little playing up down...) if you manage to take it out from behind there are two small holes. Spray in this holes wd-40 and your problem will dissapear. But you can do this after you manage to open the cup. Good luck

Theres a little mark on the cap, its should be directed forwrads to get it open, 12 o'clock.

But not always!
My friend has a v-max that will let open the cap only at something 9 o'clock LOL.
Im sure that someone bent the filling tube in the past.

dont you vmax guru guys have a magic chant or somethin????

:punk: Try heating it up with a torch until it's red hot. It should come off by it's self at that point. Take it out in the yard before you try this method as it is hard on garage ceilings. Good Luck, Spurs

HALALUJA!!!!

ITS OFF !!!

the tank side of this cap is fugly, cruddy, nasty...

just had a look inside that tank......EEEEEEWWWWWH... makes the cap look mint.... can bacteria grow in gasoline??

:punk: Try heating it up with a torch until it's red hot. It should come off by it's self at that point. Take it out in the yard before you try this method as it is hard on garage ceilings. Good Luck, Spurs
:rofl_200::rofl_200:
well, he did ask for any suggestions!!

other than the wiggle and lubricate, I think time is the only other answer

unless the torch idea works for ya

tired it again and it just popped off like nothin,

good thing too I was worried I was gonna break my only key.... the original 1985 key

apparently the cap knew I was gonna go for the torch...lol

You'd be totally amazed at the kind of nasty shit that will grow in gasoline.. You probably need to use some sand and small rocks to clean up the tank, Shake the Hell out of it, then coat it inside. Sounds really bad....:bang head: PITA...

You'd be totally amazed at the kind of nasty shit that will grow in gasoline.. You probably need to use some sand and small rocks to clean up the tank, Shake the Hell out of it, then coat it inside. Sounds really bad....:bang head: PITA...
wow i haven't used that method in a long time. i used pea gravel and paint thinner.
now to clean a tank. I media blast the inside.wash it in a parts cleaner to remove any extra media. the I left it in a ultra sonic tank for 2 days.(forgot about it) when i pulled it out. the inside looked like new. and the outside didn't have any damage. paint was nice and sticker was still intact.

get a couple of keys made asap.
put the 85 key in storage. put 1 key in your wallet.
and use the other for daily use.

Back