Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hi Guys From The U.k

Yes I would like the measurements and a few more pics please

NO PROBLEM watch this space

a mate from vmaxchats bike thunderace rear/thundercat front

merc1.jpg

merc2.jpg

merc3.jpg

It's a pain in the ass...although it does look very good. My buddy did it...he had to grind some material from the forks to fit the front. Rear wasn't too bad but believe he had trouble with the axle. The rear rim is only 4.5 inches and biggest he could run was a 170 series tire.

Thundercat front
you don't do anything to the T-cat wheel to fit it to a VMax. For late VMax forks ('93 on), it requires trimming material off one fork leg and making a shorter spacer on the other side. For early VMax forks I believe it only requires adjusting the spacer lengths to centre the wheel between the fork legs.
Have to shave 6mm of metal from the L/H fork leg and make a suitable spacer for the other side. This is to make sure the wheel is centralised (and to make room for the speedo drive). You also need a T-cat speedo drive.
Order a drive unit part# 4HM-25190-10-00 from any Yamaha dealer. Don't remember what bike it is off but it is the right one to suit 17mm front axle and gearing change with 17" wheels

my T ace rear came with a spindle and spacer to fit the vmax

I've never seen that thing done with the breather/filter in the rear end like that. Can someone give me a real detailed explanation of what it is and does. I had no idea of this mod....I'm sure this question is on the minds of more than just a few !
It must have something with pressure + or - and it works to equalize, but is this necessary or beneficial.
Thanks

Newbie here, just saying hi.

Good afternoon,

I just registered for an account here the other day and I figured I'd make a quick post to say hi. I lurked around for a bit and found some really helpful posts that answered most of the burning questions I had about my bike. I'm new to this particular forum, but not to forums in general, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the helpfulness and lack of B.S. that I've seen here so far.

Some quick info about myself: I'm a 22 year old guy, living in a suburb of Des Moines, IA (Clive). I work for a small software company as a quality assurance tester/programmer. I've got a 1990 Vmax that I just purchased last September. I've put about 1500 miles on it since then, and I've enjoyed every one of them. The bike is stock for now, but probably won't stay that way for long. I've been riding for about 3 years now, my last bike was a 1982 Kawasaki KZ750. I put about 10,000 miles on it in the two seasons I rode it, and I enjoyed it as well. But, as all good things come to an end, I decided it was time to move up to a bigger and better bike. I did a lot of research, and decided to go with a Vmax. I have to say I love the Vmax more than I have ever loved any other inanimate object, and I'm glad I made the switch.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and do most of the service on my bikes myself. If I see questions around on the forum that I feel qualified to answer, I will certainly try my best to help out.

Sorry for the long post. I'm sure I'll be hanging around here for a while since my Vmax is here to stay. I appreciate everyone's contributions, and I'll try my best to be a valuable member of the community.

Thanks,
Andy

Re: Newbie here, just saying hi.

Welcome Andy! I'm in Omaha myself.

Mark

Good afternoon,

I just registered for an account here the other day and I figured I'd make a quick post to say hi. I lurked around for a bit and found some really helpful posts that answered most of the burning questions I had about my bike. I'm new to this particular forum, but not to forums in general, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the helpfulness and lack of B.S. that I've seen here so far.

Some quick info about myself: I'm a 22 year old guy, living in a suburb of Des Moines, IA (Clive). I work for a small software company as a quality assurance tester/programmer. I've got a 1990 Vmax that I just purchased last September. I've put about 1500 miles on it since then, and I've enjoyed every one of them. The bike is stock for now, but probably won't stay that way for long. I've been riding for about 3 years now, my last bike was a 1982 Kawasaki KZ750. I put about 10,000 miles on it in the two seasons I rode it, and I enjoyed it as well. But, as all good things come to an end, I decided it was time to move up to a bigger and better bike. I did a lot of research, and decided to go with a Vmax. I have to say I love the Vmax more than I have ever loved any other inanimate object, and I'm glad I made the switch.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and do most of the service on my bikes myself. If I see questions around on the forum that I feel qualified to answer, I will certainly try my best to help out.

Sorry for the long post. I'm sure I'll be hanging around here for a while since my Vmax is here to stay. I appreciate everyone's contributions, and I'll try my best to be a valuable member of the community.

Thanks,
Andy

spoken like a TRUE dedicated Vmaxer!

Hi Andy! and welcome to the forum!!:welcome_sign: :cheers: Hope you enjoy your VMax and we look forward to more posts from you. :banana:

Welcome, glad you found us and glad to see the community is growing

Latest posts

Back