My cat eye tail light fab

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking I'm gonna order one shortly, gotta pay Kyle first before he sends someone to break my legs... lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just didn't want ya thinking I'm out buying parts before squaring up with ya bud :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I temporarily installed my cat eye taillight in place of the ugly stock brick light.
It fit well and looks good, I think I'm going to leave like this, no real modification needed. :D
I have some cleanup to do on it.
I'm going to paint the visible part of the inner fender black.
And also remove the little foam pieces on the black plastic housing.
I'll post better pictures when I can get it outside into the sun (so my flash won't affect them).

Attachments

• Cateye-Off-Rear-View.jpg
    Cateye-Off-Rear-View.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Cateye-Off-Left-View.jpg
    Cateye-Off-Left-View.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Cateye-Off-Right-View.jpg
    Cateye-Off-Right-View.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Cateye-On-Rear-View-1.jpg
    Cateye-On-Rear-View-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Cateye-On-Rear-View-2.jpg
    Cateye-On-Rear-View-2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Cool, I went for a smiler license plate mounting light, but a smaller LED unit..
I think it really cleans up the bulbous stock tail...

_DSC0651.JPG

All look nice and 100 times better than the stock light. I wasn't riding till I got rid of that stock rear light this year. For a plate bracket, I used a peice of aluminum I had hanging around.
Mark rode my bike and I his Sat. and my viability concerns were put to rest. It's good to ride someone Else's bike once in a while.
Steve-o

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 45
Here's an updated picture of the LED cat eye I used.
I angled and slid my plate up farther under it with a few brackets so it is lit up as required by NYS.
I'm Very happy with how it looks compared to the stock light and it is at least twice as bright as the stock running and brake light.

Attachments

• 60-LED_cateye-tail-light.jpg
    60-LED_cateye-tail-light.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 24
  • 60-LED-Cat-Eye-Running-1.jpg
    60-LED-Cat-Eye-Running-1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back