Let the fun begin..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've parted out my old xjr so mow I have some $$$ and parts.
Kept the headlight,bars and switchgear..
Got a pair of supertrapps to fit to the voodoo 4-2.
Using the powder coated xjr pegs and levers and msking billet rear set mounts.

Sweet looking build and great updates to follow along. Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought you guys had a lot of restrictions and inspections down under regarding any changes from stock motorcycles . Is the Voo Doo exhaust going to pass ?

You're right mate..you need a permit to fart down here...which is why my build is crafty..
The wheels...maxdaddy..stock style
Xjr footpegs...look nice and stock
The voodoo will have a pair of s/trapp mufflers..low V grumble.
Bars..actually modified harley 32mm/22mm for switchgear..but Moto Guzzi Belagio uses same size bars "officer"
Its about going under the radar..I never got questioned on the xjr and that was so not stock..

A word to the wise -
Before adding auxiliary tanks to both street and touring versions of my bike, I used a piece of gasoline hose (the same as found on gas pumps) to bridge the gap between the tank opening and the filler location.
On the pic of the bike, originally the filler was behind the V Max plate(that used to be hinged), now it's under the plastic chrome cover below the peace sign symbol.
With it behind the plate, fuel filling was a hassle, because of the shallow angle involved. It had to be done slowly, or the gas would back up and spill out.
If you terminate your filler in the location shown, I think you may have the same problem. Raising it up to the level of the grab bar would be much better.
Cheers!

I wonder which gas station you got that hose from?:rofl_200:
Looking good Sharky------------------------------I officially hate you too.

Update time.
Fat bars and risers to make it comfortable.
Still not sure about headlight..thinking maybe a rectangular gpz type...I need good light out here..kangaroos everywhere at night.
Going Corbin seat so just going extend the tank neck and fit pop up harley type cap.
Got another arm (for extending) and hopefully another tank to expand.
Taken 3 weeks to set up workshop after moving...she kept wanti g house stuff done ....

The FJ12 fuel pump mounts straight onto the coil bracket. ..using COPS so no issues there.

Attachments

• 20160810_182945.jpg
    20160810_182945.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20160810_184714-1.jpg
    20160810_184714-1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 66
Another quick update....4mm steel bracket to mount blue spot caliper to stock bracket and a 'caddy' style headlight (which will get halo/angel eye lense unit.
Plan is to get it started before we fly to the US on 16th sep

Attachments

• 20160902_122554_001.jpg
    20160902_122554_001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20160902_111141.jpg
    20160902_111141.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 38
Black and bad! It's fun to watch the progress, have a safe trip stateside.

Back