VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as Eric describes it....yes it will often times clear itself up, and sounds like what happened to yours.

I have seen lots of junk in float chambers that couldn't have passed thru the fuel filter....but there they are, sitting on the bottom....how did they get there..........:confused2:

This stuff was collected from some customer carbs.

Yes, you can find the same in carbureted cars fuel bowls too ( i ve got the same in my mustang carb).
This is sedimentation, very fine particules pass thru filters, seat down into carb bowls and agglomerate and grow up.

I agree with the guys with crud from fuel line deteriorating over time, ethonol fuel doesn't help also.
Danny, the extra small clear filter we were adding I think is a must and does help minimize those issues.

One thing that seemed to help with mine, was having the regular filter before the pump, and adding an additional (and I believe its 1/4) filer AFTER the pump and before the carbs. Ive got it plumbed into maybe 18 inches of fuel line so there isnt any sharp bends to restrict fuel.

I had a double filter on my bike, one on each side of the pump. The damn molded hose right at the carbs deteriorated on the bike, past where I could have added a filter.

I had a double filter on my bike, one on each side of the pump. The damn molded hose right at the carbs deteriorated on the bike, past where I could have added a filter.

I think Joe Alorio had the same problem. He also had an 85.

Back