'85 Just in from the coast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. The guy I bought the bike from still had the 1967 Camaro he had as a kid in high school. Sure would have liked to free up a little more of his garage space for him and hauled that off east too! Bet it was in the same shape the bike is. :clapping:

If the glacier ever recedes up here I'll get her sparkling clean and take a few shots without the snowflakes streaking by! I'm sure the PO would send out 'a team' if he knew I'd allowed even one snowflake to hit it!!

Thanks Eric, I guess I can't disagree....as you can see in the photo the BMW sits on the cold concrete floor, the MaximX gets a quilt but the VMax has an 1.5" foil faced both sides styrofoam mattress with a sheet of chipboard on top to keep her sneakers warm....she is a California girl after all. :biglaugh:

Nice pickup BD! Your storage method sounds similar to how I store Redbone in the trailer. I keep a couple moving blankets on her and surrounded by 1" foil backed styrofoam and a small electric heater blowing on her from between the front forks, wheels removed of course! The trailer is nicely insulated with 18" of snow on top and almost 3' surrounding it with a somewhat shoveled path out to her so I can keep an eye on here.

Thanks Eric, I guess I can't disagree....as you can see in the photo the BMW sits on the cold concrete floor, the MaximX gets a quilt but the VMax has an 1.5" foil faced both sides styrofoam mattress with a sheet of chipboard on top to keep her sneakers warm....she is a California girl after all. :biglaugh:

Hmmm, thought I'd downloaded this photo to the thread.....:confused2:

Anyhow....here it is.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 26
Nice pickup BD! Your storage method sounds similar to how I store Redbone in the trailer. I keep a couple moving blankets on her and surrounded by 1" foil backed styrofoam and a small electric heater blowing on her from between the front forks, wheels removed of course! The trailer is nicely insulated with 18" of snow on top and almost 3' surrounding it with a somewhat shoveled path out to her so I can keep an eye on here.

Nice set up BB! Coming into the dangerous time pretty soon here.....warm days....cold nights = moisture & ice on all heavy metal parts....but you got that well in hand. :clapping:

Very nice find Danny! Bike looks like the day it came off the showroom floor.

Mike

Well, almost Mike.....don't think she had any snow on her that day tho.....:biglaugh: Thanks

I knew there'd be another fine looking Vmax at BRC before I blinked. Congrats on another great find.

Steve-o....if it's in yer blood....it's in yer blood! You know what I mean! Thanks

Yup, that would be my bet too....divorce or jail.....or both!

People are just stupid, nothing ceases to amaze me anymore. So many classic bikes ruined simply because an owner couldn't spend 20 dollars at Wal-Mart for AT LEAST a few bungy cords and a tarp. That 85 with 1200 miles might be worth restoring, you'd have to assume that 2nd gear was OK with that mileage, although I guess it could have been 4800 runs down the drag strip? You'd probably never make any money on it, but VMAX's with that kinda mileage are few and far between! :punk:

No paper (title)? I'd request a shot of the serial # on the engine and VIN on the steering head, run them w/your local PD, and then it's only a $400 bike, maximum, w/no title. To me, anyway.

The rear caliper is off because the durn thing is frozen, and the bike won't roll w/it in-place.:damn angry:

At $800+? Pass!

Already more than I would pay !

Back