The Super Bowl

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason the Pats pick up train wrecks from other teams and turn them into All-Pros...Corey Dillon , Blount , Hogan etc . Other teams pick up All-Pros and turn them into average players...Suh , Freeney etc . :confused2:

I think that's really the reflection of the power of a coach and a team's system. In some cases it might be a head coaches talent at picking their assistant coaches. It's all these little things that go on between the seasons and between the games that makes a great team. And it's those little things that are more of a result of the coach than anyone else IMO.

As a die hard Saints fan, I'm thrilled I got to see the Saints win a Super Bowl. And on paper, Drew Brees as a passer is just as a good as Brady. But as great as Drew Brees is clearly the Saints struggle finding the post-season. Whereas with the Pats, as long as they have Brady and Belichick -- they're always going to be post-season contenders.

How much of that is due to Brady? How much is due to Belichick? I dunno. I think it's sort of like NASCAR. You can have a good driver(QB) and you can have a good crew chief(coach), but if you get a driver and crew chief that clicks really well together then they become a great racing team. I think of the days Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham were teamed up. Gordon was always a threat in those days.

I think that holds true to Brady and Belichick. Both are great in their own rite, but together they're legendary.

I think that's really the reflection of the power of a coach and a team's system. In some cases it might be a head coaches talent at picking their assistant coaches. It's all these little things that go on between the seasons and between the games that makes a great team. And it's those little things that are more of a result of the coach than anyone else IMO.

As a die hard Saints fan, I'm thrilled I got to see the Saints win a Super Bowl. And on paper, Drew Brees as a passer is just as a good as Brady. But as great as Drew Brees is clearly the Saints struggle finding the post-season. Whereas with the Pats, as long as they have Brady and Belichick -- they're always going to be post-season contenders.

How much of that is due to Brady? How much is due to Belichick? I dunno. I think it's sort of like NASCAR. You can have a good driver(QB) and you can have a good crew chief(coach), but if you get a driver and crew chief that clicks really well together then they become a great racing team. I think of the days Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham were teamed up. Gordon was always a threat in those days.

I think that holds true to Brady and Belichick. Both are great in their own rite, but together they're legendary.

The Saints need a decent defense and they will be back in the running.

Latest posts

Back