MPG / Range

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbellybill

Reaction score
Can I get some feedback on the Vmax's MPG and range? I believe I read someplace around 38MPG and with the 4 Gal tank thats about 150 miles?

Yeah, 35-40 is normal. If you tune it a little bit a maximum of 50 is possible but pretty rare....you have to drive it like your grandpa's '49 Ford.

I avg 26 MPG and my ass is looking for a gas station around 80 miles on the trip
Ive gotten 32-34 on the highway cruising 85 95

I ride my Max pretty moderately, with accasional blasts to check adrenalin levels. I check every tank, and am resigned to 38-40 MPG--about 5 MPG better than my car, but one hell of a lot more fun. Last trip, hit reserve at 115 miles, stopped at 137 and it took 3.5 gals. That was running 70-75 MPH. And, that was right after a carb sync., so that's about the best she will do for me. I'm good with it.

My personal best so far was 100.4 miles when the low fuel light came on. Not as good as my Shadow was, but still way better than my F150.

I've been getting around 30-35mpg with Morley's kit and have been riding like I stole it! I'm still using stock needles just changed the jets and played around just a bit with the A/F needles.... I'm right about where I was with the stock carb setup.... just with more HP! I still need to get the thing on the dyno, but my plugs look good so I'm not too concerned.

After fill up, 90 miles and im into reserve......thats a mixture of highway and city....slow/fast cruising and busting it in the tunnels....just because I like the sound:eusa_dance:

44mpg has been my best on the 1200 with big cams and ported heads. Average with our kit is 38-42 once setup properly (even hard riding works well). Some won't get that but others can get a little more. Mid 30's is decent but not to the potential most can get.

Sean

Get about 125-130 miles on highway with boost shout off before reserve light goes on

Get about 100-110 miles in mixed city/highway with boost before reserve light goes on

If I get less than 100 miles b/4 reserve light comes on - I know it's time for a carb clean/tune up.

Mike

I've gotten a best of right at 50 mpg on a cruise with a bunch of Harley guys. Speeds of around 50-60 mph the whole time, 80% secondary highways.

That being said, I haven't come close to touching that every again. I'm generally getting around 32mpg with the stage 7 kit and open V-Boost at all times.

I am getting ~35-37mpg with my 1428cc w/Morley Muscle jet kit. Just finished with engine break in and fine tuned the carbs this last weekend. That mileage figure is hard riding through twisties, on and off boost quite regularly:biglaugh:

I used to get 118 miles before my fuel light came on, on my stock 06. Then I started forcing a little more fuel into the tank, and now I get 120 before the light comes on. I get about 5 more miles if I do a lot of highway miles.

I usually get between 35-40mpg depending on how I ride. Light comes on between 110 - 120.

Well, on the way down to Lukenbach with the group, it was right at 35 mpg putting along.

On the way back, I think it was more like 25 mpg.... until that Trooper got in the way, and then it improved again.

:punk:

Wow...I'm only getting 120 KM before the light comes on....thats only about 60 miles.
think your running a little rich :ummm: mid 90s till light comes on half the milage is high speed highway other 1/2... 45 50 mph city with lights

I start looking for a station around 100 miles. Then it usually takes about 3 gal. My tank has a little less capacity since I Kreemed the inside. I can push 120 mile before the red light. I would rather stop and fill up then push on reserve. It sure is a bummer to run out. Dave

Back