Radiator side reflector. Does it light up?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
I bought a couple of used radiator side covers from a member here and they have what appear to be electrical wires coming out of the yellow reflectors. It seems to me that there might be a light in there that goes on when you turn on the flashers. My 86 bike's covers didn't have these wires and I don't see a connection for them. I believe the new covers came off a 92 or 96 model.

Fatbiker

The European models have a sidelight listed on the wiring diagram near the front turn signals. I wonder if the covers were off a bike from Europe? They look like original factory parts and not a mod although they could still be a good mod.

Fatbiker

The European models have a sidelight listed on the wiring diagram near the front turn signals. I wonder if the covers were off a bike from Europe? They look like original factory parts and not a mod although they could still be a good mod.

Fatbiker

No, it is a pilot light in the headlamp

I have L.E.D marker lights in the radiator shroud, they are a mod and are the exact dimensions of the stock reflectors. On Ebay as L.E.D. reflectors.

Attachments

• IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 71
Thanks Gentsymax! That must be what I have. Are they wired in to the turn signals or where?

You can wire them as turn signals or running lights. At one time I had small LED lights in the scoops wired as turn signals but decided they were not noticeable enough for safety. Keep in mind the ones you have would only be visible from the side.

Cool! I'm going to wire them as turn signals and see if I like it. If not, then maybe as always on. Should be a good 'look what I got!' mod!

Fatbiker

I did a search on ebay for vmax radiator lights but didn't come up with anything. Does someone have a link to a source for these?

Thats them!! You found em. I thought I could go back through "myebay" to find out who I bought mine from and couldn't , same price too. I have mine wired in to the running lights. Blue wire?

Attachments

• 20160813_172859.jpg
    20160813_172859.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 16
I'll have to dig around to see where I got mine Mike, it's been a while. They do give good visibility to the bike from the sides. I had an issue wiring them to the directional(LED's)circuit. I use them as a marker lights.
A good mod imho.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back