So the questions keep coming!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regular Guy

Reaction score
Alright gang. Here's the latest. My back rim especially is eaten the hell up. I don't know what the last owner did or didn't do as far as cleaning goes but these wheels have some serious oxidation to the point that the metal looks maybe pitted, it's that discolored. I meant to take a picture of it but forgot. I tried using some mothers on it with a powerball cone on a drill. Nope. Still fubar'd. What can I do to remedy this? Is it too far gone?

It would have to be REALLY deep to be toast. Of course you could replace it too (used stock wheels are relatively cheap unless maybe the wheel is in perfect condition).

Im in the same boat with oxidation. I have been suggested an acid product to remove it. I may paint them black. What have people tried?

I have oxidation on scoops and fork legs etc too that Ill deal to but wont be painting them unless I use clear.

Thanks

Powdercoating will make them look nicer but can't completely cover over the pits (more like smooths them out). I do have plenty of black or silver rims to chose from. Not sure I have a "perfect" silver set but will have price ranging from $50-$150 each based on condition.

Latest posts

Back