Last year for MAX 2018?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouchez

Reaction score
I have read that due to Euro environmental rules and slow sales Yama will end the MAX in 2018, true????:ummm:

Ouchez

That's the general consensus. I'm actively looking for an '18 to buy, and a dealer just told me they're seeing more orders for the Vmax now than ever before. The word is out that there won't be a '19.

That was actually last years news. It's already not available in Europe, there was no 2018 Vmax there.

No word on the US that I know of.

BTW there is a low mileage 2018 on the StarVmax site for sale that is an absolute steal. The owner is relocating and can't take the bike with him.

Got my 18 in April, production date of 2/18. The dealer I got it from said that haven't seen one go out in over a year, and said they'd bet money that I have the only 2nd gen locally, lol. Not sure how true that is. But since the intro of the 2nd gen in 09, I've only seen 1 in person (not including mine lol) on a 4 lane going the opposite direction I was, this was prolly 5 years ago now. I had my 97 at the time and I had it 5 years before upgrading to the big brother. They must still have 18s available it's still on the Yamaha website. That 18 on the star forum is a steal with mods done to it.

Since the Gen 2 was launched I've only seen 2 in Ireland on my travels. Pity because while a new bike would be out of my budget it means theres little or nothing on the second hand market

I have found a couple of 2nd. gen's, but now find it hard to sell my current steed (2013 Suzuki M109). I was hot on the search about 4 years ago and then slacked off after having an accident and picking up a spyder. Now I am on the search again. I have owned just about every type of bike that I ever wanted, except for the Max. Not sure it will live up to the dream that I have, but I at least have to give one a try. Found a low milage 2010, but need to sell the M109 first. Hopefully it will still be there once the M109 is gone.

Latest posts

Back