Carbs for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every once in awhile a set of carbs comes along that seems a cut above the rest....these are such carbs. They came off a low mileage XVZ1300 Venture (identical carbs as 35mm VMax carbs) with the mixture screw factory brass plugs still in place.

Carbs have been completely cleaned and rebuilt with all gaskets, o-rings and jet block plugs replaced. All factory Phillips head screws have been replaced with #18-8 S/S Allen head bolts....89 bolts & 23 lock washers.

Top, bottom and side brackets all freshly powder coated with flat washers under the allen bolts where needed to protect the finish.

Carbs are set up per OEM specs and have been tested & sync'd on the BRC '96 VMax test mule....see video below.

Price - $675 + shipping

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 135
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Dam those look good Danny, if I needed a forth set I'd get them lol.
Someone will be getting a worry free sweet set up

Another set of BRC carbs for sale!

Carb features:

-Cleaned and completely rebuilt
-Freshly powdered top, side & bottom brackets
-OEM slides & diaphragms in excellent condition, barely used
-Stock set-up, #90, #170, #152.5 mains,
-floats set 15mm - 17mm
-Stock needles & springs
-Sync'd to test engine
-Mixture screws out 3 turns
-BRC 'signature' set of (89) S/S allen bolts

Price - $725 + Shipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRay0VLA44&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 30
Guy...... is that a glass pack on that set up?? That sounds awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a matter of fact it is! Used to love dual Maremont Cherry Bombs on my pick-ups and just felt it was time for a dose of nostalgia, I love the sound of it on the VMax.

The kid on the FEDEX truck asked "are those really cherry bombs in that box"...I go 'no man it's a muffler!' :biglaugh:

As a matter of fact it is! Used to love dual Maremont Cherry Bombs on my pick-ups and just felt it was time for a dose of nostalgia, I love the sound of it on the VMax.

The kid on the FEDEX truck asked "are those really cherry bombs in that box"...I go 'no man it's a muffler!' :biglaugh:

Lmfao... kids nowadays!! That's bad ass!! I want to dump my kerkers for some haha.. they always had a good sound.

Lmfao... kids nowadays!! That's bad ass!! I want to dump my kerkers for some haha.. they always had a good sound.

I was thinking it would make a great option for an aftermarket system, might consider a slightly longer one as this thing is brutally loud....I have to wear hearing protection when testing carbs now! :biglaugh:

The cherry bombs I saw didn't seem to last very long on my friends' trucks.

I liked the Walker Dynomax dual exhaust on my Fox-body Mustang that I had installed. A great tone but not too-loud, and none of that annoying drone that the ricer cars with their tomato-can exhausts display.

During the 1970's when I had vans (I had them all, Ford, Chevy, and Dodge), I had run a short length pipe off the exhaust manifold to behind the front wheel, at the rocker panel, and flanged, so I could easily swap-out the side exhausts when they went bad, the leaded gas was bad on exhausts. Now, if you buy a new car, you may never replace the muffler, if you get rid of it by six years. One of the benefits of unleaded. I grew up with a gal whose great-uncle was Charles F Kettering, he of the Delco-Remy GM lab, his group developed the automotive self-starter, and leaded gas to increase the octane # for more power from engines, but we know what the lead did in the atmosphere.

Thrush had a variety of side exhausts back then, Hooker, and I'm unable to recall my favorite one. It had a solid chrome shroud for the side exhausts instead of the perforated ones that always seemed to begin to rust inside all the perforations after a year. I just loved the resonance it had, very pleasing to my ear but not loud or droning. It made my mildly-built 351 Windsor sound great.

No exhaust lasts long underneath a truck. But on a bike, that's out half the year, I'd imagine it'd last a while. Thrush is ok, flow master is nice. Cherry bomb definitely sounds nice on your test engine for sure

Latest posts

Back