What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While taking the long way over to the mother-in-laws I was super stoked to see that a route I like to take was freshly paved. I'm enjoying my ride when I come up on a gaggle of about 15 turkey in the middle of the road. I slow down to about 25mph and honk my horn a few times. They all make there way out of the road and just when I figure I'm good to go and am passing by them one takes a suicide jump rite into me. He hit me on the thigh and was pinned between my thigh and seat for a split second and then my momentum rolled him off to the side. It scared the crap out of me but I was able to maintain control. I couldn't help but laugh and think that it could have been much worse.
Watch out for them wild turkeys.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

While taking the long way over to the mother-in-laws I was super stoked to see that a route I like to take was freshly paved. I'm enjoying my ride when I come up on a gaggle of about 15 turkey in the middle of the road. I slow down to about 25mph and honk my horn a few times. They all make there way out of the road and just when I figure I'm good to go and am passing by them one takes a suicide jump rite into me. He hit me on the thigh and was pinned between my thigh and seat for a split second and then my momentum rolled him off to the side. It scared the crap out of me but I was able to maintain control. I couldn't help but laugh and think that it could have been much worse.

Glad to hear it turned out to be a funny story instead of a crash.

I've been in plenty of incidents where I'm yelling oh shit to myself then, somehow come out unscathed and start laughing. Seems to be common while riding off road and probably one of the reasons I like it so much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The one in the bottle or with feathers? :biglaugh:

The one in the bottle or with feathers? :biglaugh:
I probably would have went down if I hit the wild turkey then hit a wild turkey. [emoji2]
I like the one in the bottle. Finding that the ones with feathers are a bit of a nuisance.

Well, technically yesterday but I forgot to post. My raptor shift light came in so I got it put on the max. Definitely a good $100 spent, it works great.

Attachments

• 20170818_151752.jpg
    20170818_151752.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 25
Started working on the 88 I'm building for my dad. Pulled fuel lines and started draining the tank. Out of curiosity I shot a little gas and carb cleaner at the carbs and she roared to life. Once I get the rusty tank all cleaned out things may go smooth.

Since I changed the brake master cylinder and the mirror wont screw in, changed to these bar end mirrors. I had tried the little round ones but couldn't see past my elbows.

These are good quality, but effectiveness is still limited. They just are not high enough but thats how it goes with the bar ends.

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 18
I actually don't mind the stock mirrors. They actually work, many aftermarket ones just vibrate like a tuning fork, blurring uselessly, or they show too-little area to be useful.

I replaced the OEM, mirror was cracked and all rusty. Had a set of cheap plastic ones that actually fit the Yamaha reverse threaded brake side. Since I changed brake m/c had to replace. I may look into some more effective bunny ear mirrors since should have more options.

Looks very similar to the set we did for a customer (including the Vgas ram air scoops)!

Latest posts

Back