Spring is coming, who's ready?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eusa_dance:i leavening the morning on a 300 mile trip. loaded and.ready!!:eusa_dance:

Dreaming of warmer weather....

6d05b4d8-047d-4257-940c-96b28cc62ab0_zpse2fd1d77.jpg

I just closed-up the office, school's out for a week! Unfortunately, I am still having my bike fettled, but it's running, or, it will-be once the carbs go back together, low-speed jets were plugged, which is a bit unusual, since I have a new fuel tank and a fuel filter that probably hasn't had 10 tanks run-thru it. Oh, well, I am looking-forward to being able to using it next week in preparation for Daytona the following week.

I always like to go to the flattrack, which used to be at the Municipal Stadium off LPGA Blvd. but is now at the Speedway. The auction at the Volusia Co. fairgrounds is a fun place to see some good rides. Smetimes the prices are reasonable, sometimes not. Last year, the most-expensive bike I recall selling was <$50K, still less than the vanity bike builders were asking for their stuff on the open market. Most of the stuff was <$10K and there were a lot of what looked like good vintage English rides in the $4-6K range, for Triumph and Norton or BSA twins, or a Trident triple. I watched a Yamaha 250 Enduro which was about 10 from the end of the auction, a 'no-sale' which didn't come anywhere near its $2K asking price, it went on-bid a bit >1/2 that, a clean bike but they didn't cost $1K new.

So, I may have some 'honey-do' list stuff to do, but I am gonna try to squeeze in some quick stuff for my bike. I want it ready & reliable for Daytona on the last week, Th/Fr/Sa.

Took the cover off...
Turned the key on...
Waited until all the noses stopped...
Put the choke on...
Pushed the button...

Rurrr...Rurr... Rurr... Vrooom!

Yeah! I'm ready... except for the 17 degrees out side.

Took the cover off...
Turned the key on...
Waited until all the noses stopped...
Put the choke on...
Pushed the button...

Rurrr...Rurr... Rurr... Vrooom!

Yeah! I'm ready... except for the 17 degrees out side.

Once you awake The Giant, you have to slay the enormous ego of at least one Harley rider before you return the bike to its winter nap (referred to as the VBoost Protocol), like the broadsword of a knight had to taste blood once-drawn, before it resided once-again within its sheath or scabbard.

I'm sure you weren't able to follow VBoost Protocol this time, when you return to the still-salty east-MI roads, you better slay two H-D's the first time out!:rofl_200:
images

Actually, I have just the bike in mind... A neighbor... the guy that sold me the piece of lawn art I turned into a sweet running '81 Honda 650 Is "building" his '92 1200 sportster. He is sure he will be "much faster" then me because his bike is now "almost 1300cc"

Well based on his work I uncovered on the Honda, I have no fear at all that I will dust his a$$. We shook on a bet tonight at a fish dinner at the church. $100 from a standing start (1/4) or $200 for 2 out of 3.

He has put big bore straight pipes on it, the big overbore kit 12:1, "big" exhaust cam with the stock carb and some POS air cleaner that looks like a maltese cross. He also put the biggest tire on the back that he could fit in the swingarm (and kept stock gearing). To seal the deal, HE did a port job on it with his die grinder. (He has never ported a head before, but how hard can it be?)

I made it a condition of the race that we had to do it by June 6 (just in case he has a bit of trouble getting it to run right.

On top of that, I have seen him try to launch his bike. Wheelie, bog, or about 10 min to get the clutch out. If we were on a dragstrip I think I could beat him with the old Honda. Maybe I'll launch in 2nd gear the first time so he wants to go 2 out of 3.

LOL!

He might just whoop your a$$! Your bike is a measly 1200 cc's and his is nearly 1300! I mean bigger IS better right?

I'd sandbag too, get that extra $100. Then later in the summer when he has dropped in a $400 power commander and is SURE he can beat you now, you can take some more of his money.

51 degrees here in Sayre,PA Put in 1 1/2 hours of riding today. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Have a problem though......Looks like my Carbs are popped out of the rubber gromets that connect it to the engine. Can't get them back in and stay....any help would be great...

51 degrees here in Sayre,PA Put in 1 1/2 hours of riding today. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Have a problem though......Looks like my Carbs are popped out of the rubber gromets that connect it to the engine. Can't get them back in and stay....any help would be great...

Lots o guys use a wood piece to lever between the frame siderail & the carb body. Make sure you choose a broad point of the carb body to leverage so you don't break a carb body. I have also used a bit of KY jelly on the rubber boots to help the carb bellmouths seat.

I have also just sat on the airbox to get the stock airbox to seat.

Latest posts

Back