Mz Select Motorcycle Lift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
so the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lifts $339.99 got me googling the net and i saw this. figured someone here would share my impression of it being pretty neat-o.

www.mzselect.com/bike-lift.html. apparently it is capable of man-handling choppers and cruisers. couldn't find any pricing information. the company is based out of south africa and i couldn't find a distributor state side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDuHKuAQLTg

phoca_thumb_l_img_1820.jpg
phoca_thumb_l_img_2608.jpg

Looks pretty cool. Bet it's more than the harbor freight one. Wonder if it comes with a beer holder?

It's kind of hard to see what the load-bearing point is. W/o searching for more info, I would like to see the mechanicals a bit more-closely. With its nose or tail-up attitude, I could see where there might be a point where too-much side-loading, from torquing something, or whatever, might make it unstable. And, when it's that high and begins to tip, you better be ready to jump!

It looks like a good idea, I just would like to see more about the load-bearing points. I can see the three stacked circles on the rear portion have something to do w/the altitude and positioning the bike assumes. What bears the balance to the front? I can see where in certain positions parts of the bike would be blocked from being disassembled.

I think for certain uses, it could work very well, I think that a standard pedestal lift combined w/a portable bike lift would offer much of the accessibility if not all you need, depending on how it's positioned. I bet that piece is $1K, clever, but I am too-cheap!

It's interesting to see though, thanks for posting it, "ninjaneer."

Are you gonna be in Daytona next week?

Too gimmicky for me. What's with the wait a minute between pumping the hydraulics ? Not high enough to real helpful. Harder to load a bike up. Side supports get in the way of working on the rear end. Overly complicated mechanism, why all the attitude adjustments like tail down, nose high?
It is a small footprint. No idea how much it weighs. Will the arms flex and get wobbly over time? HF platform holds parts, tools, rags, cleaners, rum, paraphnalia of all sorts. Catches spills at times.
Nah, not for me. Too much of a $10,000 dollar toilet seat to me.

Well it could have its applications. Someone at a track who wants to work on the front or rear end, it might be just the thing. Easy to move I would think. Good for changing tires, brake work, wheels.

110 lb\50kg is 'portable,' you could use a Harbor Freight furniture dolly w/some pieces added to it to move it around (remove to use, of-course). I am sure that the shipping is going to be at least $100 so my guess of $1K wasn't far-off.

As suggested, maybe good for a track day if you're loaded w/$$$. For everyday use, I would rather have a traditional hydraulic bench.

Way too freaking complicated looking to me but maybe it's just his video and they way it was shown (trying to show off the titling it can do).

I have a Kendon lift that works well and is portable too though I usually use my 2 regular "Handy" motorcycle lifts.
Sean

Back