New Yamaha Bolt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
This looks like a pretty cool new bike. Kind of like if the gen2 and sportster had a baby, or a "wee max". Plus, it's under 8 grand.

Personally, I don't like it - basically a Sportster clone for pretty much the same price. I guess it's hard for the manufacturers to come out with original designs for motorcycles.

Mike

I think it looks well-designed. At-least it doesn't have the gynecological exam stirrups/footpegs of most of the H-D bikes. "Put your feet right here. This is going to feel cold..."

If they have a bunch of stuff for it right off the bat, I think people will like it for customizing. A tabula rasa. Make it as you want it. Then if the aftermarket kicks-in, there-you-go! I have seen it advertised elsewhere and while it really isn't anything I would buy, I like the design.

Definitely aimed to compete with the sportster, though I wouldn't really call it a clone....if Harley released a bike that looked like that there would be riots at the HOG pens. Looks fresh, modern, vaguely reminiscent of the Yamaha MT bikes. Kind of has that urban warrior feel of the gen2.

Honda is putting out several new models in the middleweight segment as well with it's 700 twin motor, albeit quite ugly ones.

Nice little cruiser but without a doubt a sportster knockoff. If that thing cruised by and I took a quick glimpse, I would swear it was a sportster.

I think its decent looking bike for a factory bike. I dont think it looks like a Sportster of course I worked for Harley for a while so I pick out the diffrence's real quick. I dont dislike Harleys but I am sure this is a much better bike with tons more power than a stcok sportster 1200.

I think its decent looking bike for a factory bike. I dont think it looks like a Sportster of course I worked for Harley for a while so I pick out the diffrence's real quick. I dont dislike Harleys but I am sure this is a much better bike with tons more power than a stcok sportster 1200.
It would be fun to line the two up. I know if you do some minor mods(pipes & jet) the sporty's run pretty good

Cycle World allways matches up different kinds of bikes to compare them. You can bet they will do this with the Bolt & Sportster very soon.:biglaugh:

And you can bet the Sportster will win, well, because it's Cycle World. Harleys always come out on top in that rag due to objective facts like "It's the Real Deal" and "Old School Personality" and other BS.

Actually I thought the 883 sporty I rode last year was a pretty decent bike. Definitely exceeded my admittedly low expectations. The Bolt definitely looks cooler instead of the Sportster's tired cookie cutter style.

I like the bike for an around town bike but hope the Bolt decal on the tank is removable! Like the fact that it doesn't have forward controls also. Looks like a good standard riding position.

as fred mentioned before, i'm thinking cool donor rotors if they fit.

Back