My New (to me) 99 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

propwash

Reaction score
Hi yolz,

Hailing for Ft Lauderdale here. Got my Max yesterday, from a local dealer a few miles away. 1999, with 20k miles.

HUGE thanks for Fire Medic, who was my vmax acquisition "mentor" and gave me a big thumbs up on the bike after taking it for a spin. A seemingly endless well of vmax knowledge - really nice guy in person. Looking forward to meeting up again soon! :punk:

The ride back from the dealer back home (only 6 miles) was worn with a stupid grin. I never got it anywhere past 4,000 rpm - and without gear (jacket, helmet, gloves, etc etc) I plan on keeping it slow and local for now. I don't have a need for speed - even when I was younger I was the odd one out with a cruiser while my friends all had crotch-rockets. The Vmax has been a love affair, on my mind for more than 20 years. I didn't expect it to be my midlife crisis machine but that's how it worked out.

Expect to see more posts from me - including one I will write next on something stupid I did with the sissy bar, lol :damn angry:

vmax.jpg

'propwash,' don't worry about the pic size, it gives we who are obsessive/compulsive the opportunity to see your great condition bike. It really does have a great patina for a 18 year old bike.

Very nice! Super clean too. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Very nice! Super clean too. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

No probs, $4,200 (and a couple hundred more out the door) Other bikes in same price range looked ratty - the decent ones were a couple thousand more. So I think I walked out with a reasonable deal.

So I'm thinking, what could I possibly fit on a vmax (nothing!) and how wrong was I. My little stash after visiting the local cigar shop. Voilá...

0e3a6762-e980-704a-958a-1de7c571edcd
IMG_4317.jpg

Killjoy.. do you have to rejet the bike after knocking out the baffles and/or do you lose power in doing so? Was thinking about doing it to my bike

Latest posts

Back