Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, my name’s Conner and I got my Vmax a few weeks ago. 2005 with just over 1400 miles from a family friend who bought it new and kept it in his garage. It’s very clean. This is my first motorcycle, and I’m loving it. I’ve been (carefully) bumming around with a couple friends who ride, one on a 2018 Fat Boy and the other on a 2009 Yamaha FZ-10.

I think I want to swap the sissy bar out for a factory grab handle. I like how it looks better and I never have a passenger. I also want to do an exhaust kit, but tuning the carbs scares me... I have never done that before nor do I even conceptually know how.

tmLtcQd.jpg

aKoRdlE.jpg

XybRoM1.jpg

4ETbdd4.jpg

GmKSrEy.jpg

Great looking bike!! That might be my favorite oem Vmax color. The rack and sissy bar have considerably more value than a grab handle, check around online for an idea of fair market value, the grab handles are cheap and readily available. Let the alterations begin!

Hi y'all, I'm new to the vmax community. I have a recently bought 1998 yamaha vmax full power vboost model. I'm originally from Oregon but I am in the air force and currently stationed at Luke afb in glendale AZ. I love the vmax and yamahas in general. I've always loved the look of vmaxes and am happy to own one. I like the first generation looks way better than the second generation. I also cant afford a second gen lol so maybe thats part of it. I have some clutch problems with my vmax though... Would appreciate some advice from a knowledgeable person on a seperate post or pm. I am still figuring out this forumn. thank you everyone and ride safe.

Hello,

New member here, might as well introduce myself. I'm Hans, from the Netherlands.

Own a "89 Vmax for a while now. (I'm from "89 as well, so Max and me are the same age)

Found these forums looking for some tips on tires for the Max, figured I might as well join the ranks.

Here she is!

s!ApvMGIE1sMmGgtppH00KePkoGSAzVw

s!ApvMGIE1sMmGgtppH00KePkoGSAzVw

Hi folks, new member here from Arizona. I've just picked up a new to me 96 vmax. Hoping to learn a thing or two from the folks around here. Here's a pic of the new ride!
fda56bc982db3038a7ffa50d9b306032.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Hi folks, new member here from Arizona. I've just picked up a new to me 96 vmax. Hoping to learn a thing or two from the folks around here. Here's a pic of the new ride!
fda56bc982db3038a7ffa50d9b306032.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

What part of arizona? I’m in Glendale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, My name is Darren proud owner of a new Gen 2 2017.
I have been on KTMS for the last 7 years (SMR 990, Duke R, Duke GT).
The Vmax has been absolutely everything I have wanted in a bike and didnt realize that it would be till I got comfortable with it.
I commute 900kms to work every 15 days and ride home the same distance.
My commute takes me through Alberta and into the Rockies in British Columbia just shy of Alaska. I carry 5 liters of fuel with me in my backpack plus clothes etc.
I could careless about the fuel range I see usually 150 or more kilometres at 5000 rpm in 5th gear. What impresses me the most with the Vmax is the handling you pick a line and it holds it I know I’m faster through a stretch of canyons than my GT.
This is the first forum I have joined and I absolutely love my Vmax.
Thank you for allowing me to be a member.

Also if someone could help me I have tried to email Tim Nash I want his ECU reflash
Not sure if I’m doing something wrong in my attempts to get a hold of him?
If someone could pass on the message it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome Presacan, this is the best place you could ever find for help, info or anything else Vmax related. Tons of wisdom found here with some of these guys/ gals.
Curious where you're from, I hail from Whitecourt Alberta, commute to Edson every day for work, shorter than your commute for sure, but still getto ride my Max to work here and there. Let me know where you commute, may be able to ride together!
BTW, does your tag refer to the "Presacanario" Mastiff?
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Hey everybody, just picked up my first non sport bike, a 1985 Red V-Max vin is in the early 400s so guess she's kind of old haha. Been riding a 2002 ducati 750ss for awhile but have been keeping an eye out for one and a very nice deal came along on this example. Just got her home and in the garage after driving a few hours with a trailer and it's almost midnight so excuse the picture quality. First impressions from just loading and unloading it, man this thing is heavy! Much more then the ducati at least haha

PZEsqd.jpg

And finally in the garage, getting acquainted with the other toys

N4ll1P.jpg

Hi Everyone, My name is Darren proud owner of a new Gen 2 2017.

Welcome to the forum..
1st time I've encountered a member with the same spelling as mine. :)

Hey there. I’ve been getting awesome tips from this forum for the last year ,replacing steering head bearings,starter clutch,stator and regulator and all the cool stuff associated with them. I finally fired it up and it ran great. I let it heat up to do a final oil and filter,BUT as it came up to temperature the left front cylinder rocker gasket half moon blew out and it quit. I’m thinking I have to check my crank breather lines. Any ideas before I start pulling things apart. Any and all help appreciated. Now I’m looking at this section it’s probably the wrong place to ask

It is a pleasure to say hello from Austin Texas.

I must say I am very pleased to be back in the VMAX club. I have been through 3 MAX's over my life and knew I would one day have another. Well that day has come in the form of a 1998 barnyard find. Been sitting for 3 years as a wonderful home to multiple Texas critters begging to be restored. In it's prime it was an example of specialty tuned goodness. It is an awful sight and I look forward to sharing as it goes from abandoned mess back to ear to ear grin.

It is a pleasure to say hello from Austin Texas.

I must say I am very pleased to be back in the VMAX club. I have been through 3 MAX's over my life and knew I would one day have another. Well that day has come in the form of a 1998 barnyard find. Been sitting for 3 years as a wonderful home to multiple Texas critters begging to be restored. In it's prime it was an example of specialty tuned goodness. It is an awful sight and I look forward to sharing as it goes from abandoned mess back to ear to ear grin.
Welcome back, and good luck getting her back on the road. Post some progress pics as your project goes on.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Hello friends I rode 2 HD’s a sporty as well as nightrain.. now 94 vmax omg what a monster,and comfy to boot,i now cannot resist the twist.these are some amazing machines too bad my former hd friends are stuck in their ways of not seeing the light. It’s ok my bike is stand alone like me.i love all bikes even the meanest sounding 60 hp bikes. Keep the shiny side up. Steve

Hello friends I rode 2 HD’s a sporty as well as nightrain.. now 94 vmax omg what a monster,and comfy to boot,i now cannot resist the twist.these are some amazing machines too bad my former hd friends are stuck in their ways of not seeing the light. It’s ok my bike is stand alone like me.i love all bikes even the meanest sounding 60 hp bikes. Keep the shiny side up. Steve

Welcome!

I almost bought a night train in 2000. I opened my mind and rode everything. Then I rode the Triumph Sprint ST and that was the last time I ever considered owning another HD. I still like the lack of chrome but it is what it is, and a motorcycle that could hold a candle to the 2000 Triumph triple it was absolutely not. I googled a 2017 NT and it looks pretty much the same as it did back then.

All I had to do to the Vmax to make it fairly comfy was swap out the Corbin with a Maxgasser seat made here by another member, extended highway pegs and a cheapo windscreen and it's about as comfortable as I would have hoped for.

Just wanted to say hi from Hervey Bay Australia, and thankyou for this discussion forum. I've finally purchased a VMAX which is something I've wanted to do since I first rode one about 10 years ago. I don't have alot of money but I was finally able to save up $6000 and will be riding home a very good condition 1990 VMAX today after finalising the roadworthy & rego transfer. Feeling excited and grateful :)
5bde25551d437fd029f9b21953f1c178.jpg
89e0160ff293157ded5b1fe325a5bb6d.jpg

Last edited:
New guy with a VMax in deep South Texas

Greetings everyone! Yeah, we've all wanted a VMax since they came out. It just took me 33 years to get one.

I've been riding since the late 70s, and have been an inline 4 guy since then. This VMax came along at a good time in my life so I bought it. It's a 1997 and as you see it is as I bought it. Most of the aluminum needs to be cleaned up, but that's no biggie. Getting used to the sound of a V-4 is fun. With only 13,500 miles, it's barely broken in. The guy I bought it from has a CBX he wants to get on the road again, so this gave him the cash to do it.

I look forward to learning all about these bikes as I have my others on their respective forums.

This was taken at the VA cemetery where my wife is. Damn proud to have been married to a Marine! :th_image003:

...and with her stable mates. The 900F was bought new by a friend of mine and he gave it to me a couple of years ago. He's actually ridden it since I got it road worthy again. The Suzuki was built by Motorcyclist magazine back in 1986. I've had to update a few things on it. To round out my collection, I might look for a Kawasaki Eliminator.

Latest posts

Back