SPOT tracker-- Follow me to Newfoundland

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a way to short of a stay with Brother Danny, his lovely wife Heidi and their entertaining "kids" after the 2009 Brownie Run, so indeed Miles I was paying it forward to you as well. I envy Dave being on the trip I want to make in the not so distant future. I look forward to your post ride thoughts on where you went and what you would add to your trip the next time.

I think most of the "fun" will be on the return trip. I'm considering adding a day for the Cabot trail when I get off my return ferry. We'll see how I feel. I have driven the coastal road around the avalon Peninsula before. That would be a great ride, but I probably won't be doing that on this trip, either. I'll catalog some thoughts and post them here. Touring on the max is certainly possible with the right equipment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think most of the "fun" will be on the return trip. I'm considering adding a day for the Cabot trail when I get off my return ferry. We'll see how I feel. I have driven the coastal road around the avalon Peninsula before. That would be a great ride, but I probably won't be doing that on this trip, either. I'll catalog some thoughts and post them here. Touring on the max is certainly possible with the right equipment.
As GreatWhite has already stressed, the Cabot Trail is a "must see" when in Cape Breton. Many maritime bike meets have had the trail on their itineraries. Only thing - if it's foggy, you don't get the full effect, because the road hugs the seashore, and often the water is not visible at all. Best to do the trail when it's clear.
Also in C.B., the Baddeck region is a good spot for a minor layover. Alexander Grame Bell summered here, and conducted many of his experiments in flight on the waters of Bras d'or Lake. There is a very interesting museum at Baddeck dedicated to him.
The fortress of Louisburg is also a hot spot for tourists when visiting C.B. Totally reconstructed in the '60's (a make-work project at the time), it is a huge site, with actors dressed in period costumes, and many displays of 17th century fort living, even a restuaurant with period menus and pewter cutlery. The fort changed hands several times between the French and English, as they were both trying to establish ownership of the "new Land" Even sunken warships in the harbour, which I once checked out during a diving excursion.
As usual during vacations, lots to see and do, but not enough time to do everything!
Stay safe in Newf, go easy on the "screeching in" parties

I think for sure I'll be taking that ferry day to do some fiddling and have a bit of a relaxing ride before I come back to your place, John.

By the way, with the overdrive trans -- 3k rpm= 90kph. 4k rpm= 120kph.

Jeez by! Whatcha doin up mount pearl way?

Just a touch past Corner Brook ya are cocky!

Ya figuring on a night on George Street and then back by way of Argentina?

Although George Street is kinda dead mid week. Weekends can get "interesting".

;)

I'm up here until next Thursday (argentia ferry) with my in-laws just hanging out. Anyone who's on the avalon Peninsula should hit me up so we can ride. I need to test my new windshield configuration.

John, I swapped the rods for the top and bottom mounts, which allowed me to move the shield probably 2+ inches closer to me. I hope that will eliminate some of the need to lean in all day.

Had a great crossing yesterday, although the temps dropped from 24 to 13 in about 40 minutes going across the isthmus.

The bike is running great. No leaks that I can see, and neutral is a little easier to find now that I adjusted my clutch lever out one click.

Ok, today I saw a gen2 AND an '07 on Commonwealth Ave in Mount pearl. Different times and all that, but why didn't anyone hit me up? I went out and rode alone.

Latest posts

Back