Went riding with a friend.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killjoy

Reaction score
Finally got a ride in! Took the max out with a friend of mine. Sportbike guy with a 93 crb900rr. Blasted around town for a while then i said he suggested we swap bikes since he has only ever ridden sportbikes and wanted to give the vmax a try...

Get out to a long straight, swapped over. Told him "its sketchy. It doesnt stop, it doesnt turn, make sure you have it pointed straight before you get on it. Its kinda slow, so get in second gear up to about 5k rpms, then pin it."

Bout a minute later he comes back white as a ghost, asks for a cigarette, and says he will never ride a vmax again.

Haha his own words. "Its terrifying and i have never felt like a bike was made of pure evil untill i rode yours. Now i understand why youre such an asshole."

Hahahhhah "takes a certain type of asshole to flirt with disaster" i replied.

Glad you had a good time with your friend.
Your story reminds me a a week ago when my son came home from school for the weekend.
It was warm out here and his 919 Hornet was in the basement from September.
I told my 2 sons to go out for a rip with their cousin.
My eldest went on his cb750 my nephew used my KTM EXC 400 and Matt used my max.
I reminded Matt that "it doesn't stop like yours, it's heavier then yours, and it doesn't turn like yours!"
before they left, I told Matt to "Let her eat up to 8500 and just don't lug it in the upper gears.
Well when they got back, I asked him how it was and he said "it's like an electric bike" I can't even hear it and it's at 80 already!"
I still have the stock exhaust on it.
I said "yeah it's not bad for a 600+lb bike huh!"

This really did make me LOL.

Send this pic to you friend.

Attachments

• Devil Vmax.jpg
    Devil Vmax.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 46
Been years since I rode with someone. I had a blast, and when I talked to my buddy today he said he was scarred for life by the max. Lol I told him that the saddest part is my bike is all stock down to the exhaust with the exception of the K&N air filter.

Ive had several faster (top speed wise) bikes, but ive never drank, smoked, snorted, or had sex with any women that give me that feeling of total freedom, adrenaline, and terror the vmax did on my first ride. Not bad for a 30yr old shitbox.

I feel like the vmax is what every person has hiding inside of them. And they channel it through the bike. We all have jobs, we all have stress, we all get angry, but when we get on the vmax, it doesnt matter anyone. We all own these bikes for the same reasons. In those moments of freedom and fear, i spent more time thinking about how good of a life i have had rather than how bad it is...

i feel like the vmax is what every person has hiding inside of them. And they channel it through the bike. We all have jobs, we all have stress, we all get angry, but when we get on the vmax, it doesnt matter anyone. We all own these bikes for the same reasons. In those moments of freedom and fear, i spent more time thinking about how good of a life i have had rather than how bad it is...

+1

i feel like the vmax is what every person has hiding inside of them. And they channel it through the bike. We all have jobs, we all have stress, we all get angry, but when we get on the vmax, it doesnt matter anyone. We all own these bikes for the same reasons. In those moments of freedom and fear, i spent more time thinking about how good of a life i have had rather than how bad it is...

exactly

In 85 there was nothing like it, and I wanted one soooo damn bad. Come to think of it, with all the power cruisers out there now, there is still nothing quite like it. Im seeing a lot of cruisers out there that just look cobbled and odd.

In 85 there was nothing like it, and I wanted one soooo damn bad. Come to think of it, with all the power cruisers out there now, there is still nothing quite like it. Im seeing a lot of cruisers out there that just look cobbled and odd.

In 85, I was a kid that wanted one when I seen my neighbor thunder down the road on his. I recall stories he’d tell my father about the torque the bike had. Took to many years to get one, but, I could definitely recall those stories and feel exactly what he was talking about. I’ve ridden a few bikes, and the Vmax experience is definitely one of a kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The V-max is in a category, all on its own. There is nothing like it. There maybe muscle cruisers, but they just don't match the v-max. My dad rode my gen 1 shortly after I bought it, he said it had too much power for him. It's all in the wrist, I told him. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you have to use it. Buuuuuuuuuut, you have to hit the vboost, muuuaaahhahahahaha. Just got my second gen. A week ago, everybody says nice bike, and then immiediatly ask why I need that much power. It's a drug. Then their eye balls fall on to the ground when they ask the price, lol. Last I checked it was my money, you want me to spend it how you see fit, then start paying my bills. Why does everybody automatically think that because it had 200 HP, that we are just gonna instantly die?? It's not like it's full throttle as soon as you go, it's controlled. I don't get it. I have a 600 HP gt500, same thing, ooh your gonna kill yourself with all that power............ Really?? Since when is everybody an expert know it all?? You drive smart, and don't be stupid you'll be fine. Again it's not wide open when I go. I guess when people hear high HP, they think red line in every gear, I dunno. I'm still alive. Quick blast up to 90, 100 and back to the speed limit. I'm not out to kill myself, or get injured, or hurt somebody else. Some people just don't get it.

The V-max is in a category, all on its own. There is nothing like it. There maybe muscle cruisers, but they just don't match the v-max. My dad rode my gen 1 shortly after I bought it, he said it had too much power for him. It's all in the wrist, I told him. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you have to use it. Buuuuuuuuuut, you have to hit the vboost, muuuaaahhahahahaha. Just got my second gen. A week ago, everybody says nice bike, and then immiediatly ask why I need that much power. It's a drug. Then their eye balls fall on to the ground when they ask the price, lol. Last I checked it was my money, you want me to spend it how you see fit, then start paying my bills. Why does everybody automatically think that because it had 200 HP, that we are just gonna instantly die?? It's not like it's full throttle as soon as you go, it's controlled. I don't get it. I have a 600 HP gt500, same thing, ooh your gonna kill yourself with all that power............ Really?? Since when is everybody an expert know it all?? You drive smart, and don't be stupid you'll be fine. Again it's not wide open when I go. I guess when people hear high HP, they think red line in every gear, I dunno. I'm still alive. Quick blast up to 90, 100 and back to the speed limit. I'm not out to kill myself, or get injured, or hurt somebody else. Some people just don't get it.

Excellent point, at this point I have restraint and self control but I will say that its a damn good thing that I didnt get one in 85 when I was 17.

Latest posts

Back