What is the Best Mod Ever on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! I appreciate the umm.. appreciation!

I wanted to keep the essence of the V-max, but upgraded wherever possible and practical. The wheels, exhaust and lowered stance are meant to reflect the awesome look the"Takin' In To The Nines" V-max from that 1980s Cycle World had, but with a modern twist.
11k89dx.jpg

I also was inspired by the look of 4Gasem's lean, clean and mean machine - not to mention all the Carrozzeria equipped Max pics that have flowed through this site over time. Inspiration is easy to find here!

When I bought my wheels from Sean last November, he was down to just a few sets. Don't know if he still has any, but if he does they're worth far more than he charges, the change in handling is more than you could imagine. The Max went from ponderous to almost lithe and surefooted. It feels like 100lbs are missing, and between the exhaust, c/f bodywork and wheels it might be close. In any event, I'm just a few mods away from Gen 1 perfection (imho!).

..."Takin' In To The Nines" V-max from that 1980s Cycle World had, but with a modern twist.
11k89dx.jpg

Yeah, I remember that article. Didn't they convert to chain drive also and claim to lose some weight? Can't remember... it's been a few years. :biglaugh:

Might I recommend losing the big pumpkin front turn signals?

With the dual-filament running lights, the front of the VMax becomes a bit more-noticeable to oncoming traffic. Keep the "pumpkin lights" for conspicuity's sake: "Officer all's I recall is that Headless Horseman bearing down on me as I approached the intersection \to turn left, before I ran off the road, shrieking at the sight of that headless corpse on the motorcycle!"

Yeah, I remember that article. Didn't they convert to chain drive also and claim to lose some weight? Can't remember... it's been a few years. :biglaugh:

Might I recommend losing the big pumpkin front turn signals?[/QUOTE]

Also, is that the article where the turbo bike melted a piston? The Eliminator as I recall...

Back