I have a aneurysm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
My whole life I could only run about a block or so , then I would have to sit down because I couldn't feel my legs . I used to tell people that that's why I run COPS on my motorcycle because I cannot run them on foot ! " LOL "
About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with 3 birth defects with my heart , none of which are life threatening , they said something would have to be done in 20 years or so . ....... FAST FORWARD 12 YEARS ...........
About 4 months ago I started having some pain in my chest , haven't been to a Cardiologist in 12 years , Had to find a good one down here in Florida and went , they had to start from the beginning , checking for all of the birth defects previously found , they found all of those and an Aneurysm where the blood enters my heart .
They tell me I cannot lift anything heavy and be very careful when going to the bathroom !
Also they started me on 3 different medications that totally are Fucking me up !
They have been rechecking the Aneurysm and it's getting bigger .
They say now it's 4.8-4.9 centimeters , just before its 5.0 centimeters they will need to operate , but they are going to delay it as long as possible because of the RISK !
I asked him why , he said there's a chance that you will not walk out of that room , I said I don't understand why you wouldn't do it now then before it gets worse and ruptures , he said your alive now , we have to wait until the REWARD out weighs the RISK !
He said My blood pressure was way high , he asked me if I was nervous , I said of course I am , he changed some of my medication , now I'm even more FUCKED UP !
Me and my little boy are very close and go away to Drag Races all of the time , we have 3 big ones coming up soon .
My son would be DEVASTATED if anything was to happen to me .
NOT GOING TO LIE , I'M SCARED TO DEATH !

Jesus! That stinks. We've never met, but I consider you a friend. Your recovery is in my prayers. Stay strong.

That is aweful man. Stay possitive and keep livin'. When it's all said and done that all any of us can do. We never know when our time is and I can only imagine what it is like for you to get that kind of news. I hope everything is fine and it just ends up being a scare man.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Prayers your way Tim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can offer you is to hope for the best and plan for the worst. If you smoke or drink, stop or at least cut down (raised BP). Do you have a will? If you don't, get one to ensure if something happens your wishes are carried out. I don't know if you're married or not but planning ahead for your family is most important. Talk to family and friends and let them know what is happening so plans can be made if the worst case happens. Taking steps like this are hard but they will help clear your mind for the battles ahead. On this issue, I'm speaking from experience (heart issues, kidney problems, and a few other things). I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Doug

I'm hoping for the best outcome for you Tim, as the others have said keep a positive outlook and we'll all be praying for the best for your future.

Sorry to hear about your health issue. I'm sure this is a scary time for you.

I am a strong believer is seeking out the best available treatment, doctors and Hospitals that you can get to. It can make ALL the difference.

I feel very lucky to live in the NY metro area that has some of the best Hospitals in the world. They have literally saved the lives of several family members.....and myself actually.

Florida has some nationally ranked cardio care hospitals, and I would be traveling to them and seeing their best doctors.

https://patch.com/florida/southtampa/35-best-hospitals-florida-u-s-news-world-report

Best of luck to you, be strong, you can get through this!

I agree, align yourself with the best doctors you can find.

A positive attitude is just as important as the right doctors. Tell yourself that you will pull through this with no problems. Tell others the same. Believe it when you say it. Don't be "scared to death" as you say. If you know you're going to beat this, there is no reason to be scared.

Proper nutrition is also important.

My wifes uncle was at the Dr last month. He's been cancer free for 6 months. 20 months ago he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, had a tumor the size of a grapefruit removed, and had to go thru chemo due to some traces of brain cancer as well.

Best wishes Tim. I know you're gonna be just fine :punk:

Hang in there. Three years ago I was informed by my urologist that I tested positive for prostate cancer. I waited one year and got opinions, advice and recommendations before deciding on how to proceed. I opted for a prostatectomy. 2 years later and I am still cancer free....

My prayers are with you man.. I pray that all works out well for you.. My cousin had an aneurysm in the mall over 30 years ago. She suddenly went blind, and passed out right in front of us. We got her to the hospital and to make a long story short, she's still alive today and doing just fine.. Don't give up. Do what you need too to bring your BP to normal levels. Along with my doctors meds, and a change to a more healthier diet, I'm taking Celery Seed extract capsules, and Tart Cherry Juice extract capsules (I get them from Amazon), to help with my BP. Believe that that you'll be fine and that God is watching out for you.. Take care brother.

The thing I'm most bothered by is my son , like I said earlier , we are very close we travel to different race tracks , stay in hotels and are friends with many racers !
If we aren't going to the races we both are early risers and we leave the house in the morning on the motorcycle and go to breakfast , then cruise the state of Florida and sometimes we even stop for lunch before we come home !
He would be very much lost without us doing all of the things we do , bet your Fucking ass my wife will never take him to a race or anything else !

I have talked with him about it and he is very concerned !
Not sure if he fully grasps the severity of it .

I have talked with him about it and he is very concerned !
Not sure if he fully grasps the severity of it .

How old is he? It's good you told him. He probably needs time to process the information. That's quite a severe wake up call. I'm sure he'll have a bunch of questions for you over the next few days.

Best wishes to you for the best of luck. I will say prayers for you.

Elimax

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. My dad and another woman I know had brain aneurysms and that was 15+ years ago. Hoping you make out as well or better. Keep your head up!

Prayers for you man. I don't know if you've tried, but the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville has some great doctors. I went there in 2014 and am alive and healthy now because of their staff.

Terrible news my friend. Stay strong and positive. The medical world is capable of doing amazing things. Believe in God, he knows what he is doing. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back