October Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, I hope my Baby Max will qualify for the October Mod Monkey contest? Modifications include: New Factory-Pro needles, just enough added power to take the top ET @ the 2010 Annual Canadian Drag Day. Pictures are from New Smyrna Beach during Biketoberfest.

Babymax at the Beach Biketoberfest.jpg Babymax at the Beach Biketoberfest-2.jpg

If my Baby Max won?t qualify, maybe my 1985 Max will qualify for the October Mod Monkey contest? Modifications include: New Carbon fiber body panel set, 43MM front-end, and big brake system to help slow down the Beast!

1985max getting ready for Fall Ride 2010.jpg 1985max getting ready for Fall Ride 2010-2.jpg

Oh, That?s right you wanted some fall colors in the submission! How about my 2001 Max, I hope it will qualify. Modifications include: New 17? UFO MAX DADDY wheels, Newly designed alternative comp exhaust baffle for the 4-2-1 Kerker system, new chromed braced swing-arm, final drive housing, caliper bracket, & brake arm. The pictures are from a fall color tour Laura & I just took down in the Tennessee & North Carolina area.

2001max Fall Ride Tenn, NC.jpg2001max Fall Ride Tenn, NC-2.jpg 2001max Fall Ride Tenn, NC-3.jpg 2001max Fall Ride Tenn, NC-4.jpg2001max Fall Ride Tenn, NC-5.jpg2001max Fall Ride Tenn, NC-6.jpg

Damn Damon!!.....you've busy.......They all look awesome......Let me know when you get sick of the Fazer :eusa_dance:

Could sell you a new rear wheel for the Fazer. We just took off the FZR18 wheel and installed a 17" setup. Get a front and have radials for cheap on it. We could make another 17" setup pretty easily too.

On a side note, we are going to sell our 1029cc Fazer if anyone is interested. Ran 10.58 last month with my big butt on there. Stick Damon's body on there and get it close to the 9's.

Sean

Sean,
I've been in the market to modify the stock Fazer mags to a 17" setup, so far no luck but I haven't spoke with Kosman yet. The effort will be to retain the stock mag look.

WOW, some very nice looking bikes this month. You guys are making it difficult for the MMRB to review, vote on, and award this month's prize!! The contest ends in just over 5hrs so this is your last chance there fellas. Looking forward to handing out a set of solid motor mounts from Sean Morley!! Also, next month has a wicked prize too!!!!

I mentioned in the mod thread I linked previously, I needed to get a center stand mounted. With a little help from Home Depot it's done. A Stainless Steel Strap to take up the space from the spring to the mounting point, a few broken tools and it works perfect. Marks Exhaust even has a mounting point for the rubber bumper that's originally on the centerstand...

My scoops are off, just trying to visualize what to do with them to make them different. Mild or Wild.

I also shimmed the needles 0.029 and reset the Air Fuel to 3-1/2 turns out today.

Same link as previous but I added pictures throughout, yesterday.http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14637

i'd also like ot add the red LED gauges to my entry...

Attachments

• 2010-10-31 18.07.29.jpg
    2010-10-31 18.07.29.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 23
Gee, I hope my Baby Max will qualify for the October Mod Monkey contest? Modifications include: New Factory-Pro needles, just enough added power to take the top ET @ the 2010 Annual Canadian Drag Day. Pictures are from New Smyrna Beach during Biketoberfest.

View attachment 18031 View attachment 18032

If my Baby Max won?t qualify, maybe my 1985 Max will qualify for the October Mod Monkey contest? Modifications include: New Carbon fiber body panel set, 43MM front-end, and big brake system to help slow down the Beast!

View attachment 18033 View attachment 18034

Oh, That?s right you wanted some fall colors in the submission! How about my 2001 Max, I hope it will qualify. Modifications include: New 17? UFO MAX DADDY wheels, Newly designed alternative comp exhaust baffle for the 4-2-1 Kerker system, new chromed braced swing-arm, final drive housing, caliper bracket, & brake arm. The pictures are from a fall color tour Laura & I just took down in the Tennessee & North Carolina area.

View attachment 18035View attachment 18036 View attachment 18037 View attachment 18040View attachment 18038View attachment 18039
Great looking bikes Damon! I've yet to see the Fazer in person but I'm sure it's as nice (or better!) as his '85 or '01. :punk:

View attachment 18035View attachment 18036 View attachment 18037 View attachment 18040View attachment 18038View attachment 18039

what tires and sizes do you have damon?

I just realized that I don't have any Fall Colors in any of my pictures. That's because it's still 80-90 degrees here in the Sunshine State. I went out and looked and there aren't any colors other than the Grass turning Brown because it hasn't rained in a month or so... We're just getting into our riding season here. It's actually going to be cool enough soon.:rofl_200:

I just realized that I don't have any Fall Colors in any of my pictures. That's because it's still 80-90 degrees here in the Sunshine State. I went out and looked and there aren't any colors other than the Grass turning Brown because it hasn't rained in a month or so... We're just getting into our riding season here. It's actually going to be cool enough soon.:rofl_200:
Hmm, maybe that's another clue into the identity of the MM. Obliviously the home office of the MM resides in the northern hemisphere!
The mystery that surrounds the MM is slowly being peeled away like so many layers of the onion!:clapping:

Hmm, maybe that's another clue into the identity of the MM. Obliviously the home office of the MM resides in the northern hemisphere!
The mystery that surrounds the MM is slowly being peeled away like so many layers of the onion!:clapping:

OR, maybe I live in a climate that doesn't have "Fall colors" and wanted to see them..... :biglaugh:

If that's true, you know how far I'd have to ride to comply.:rofl_200:

Back