Damn Harley Guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Damb Harley Guys

Yeah, I gotta agree, when you have the customer's bike, he will have much more incentive to pay-up. Sad he shafted you. "No return of vehicle until bill is satisfied."

Re: Damn Harley Guys

Carefull about grabbing the bike, sounds like the kind that would accuse you of stealing it, did you do this work on the side or do you have legal signed work orders for the job?

Carefull about grabbing the bike, sounds like the kind that would accuse you of stealing it, did you do this work on the side or do you have legal signed work orders for the job?
Yeah. That is key. IF you do have legal signed work order, throw the book at his ass! IF not be careful about trying to put a lien against the bike.

If the FAG does not pay I would take the loss and cut the belt and shit on his bike and put a a FAG flag on it. Do it when he is out some where far from home. Then he will have to get the bike towed. :biglaugh:

Be careful.i got into a silmiar fix earlier in the year,with a bike shop owner and was on the other side of the fence,I own a lil shop at home too and have ran it for 15 yrs.I know how you feel.If you whip his ass;he can get you for assault,If it get's worse and he get,s a ride in a ambulance ,You pay for his ride and ingeruries,If he is laid up for a while,or is or claims he is permanatly ingeried,YOU PAY,I concatced a lawyer,ive been to court for simple assulatt,years ago over similar shit ,wasn;t that big of a deal back then,now it sucks,be careful know who you are dealing with.sorry about my spelling and grammer;im trying to improve, hope this helps

Whatever you do, be careful. I here some of the Harleyboys(tm) pack heat.
Give him a little longer to pay up, keep on his ass about it. Still no payment? Cut his belt but leave enough to run awhile before it fails. He seems like a knuckledragger, and he'll probably never figure out you helped the belt along. With a bit of luck, the belt will last till he gets: (1) A long way from home, (2) out on a run with his Harley(tm) fag(tm) buddies - messing up everyones day, or (3) Just heading back home with a female on the back - note I didn't specify species.

After the failure, give him a call and ask him how the belt's doing.....

I will be careful I am a little crazy but not stupid. I wont do any thing that there is proof of. I am just pissed off to no end you try to help some one out & they pull this shit.

I would give it a bit longer before doing anything. After another week, find the bike and write down the VIN#. This will allow you to file a mechanics lien against it. He will have to show up to court, and if he doesnt, he can no longer get his license plates renewed. (at least thats how it works in ohio). Doing something to the bike would give satisfaction, but some of these knuckleheads would assume who did it, and next thing you know your the victim of a "drive by"!

Kyle I have to agree that this guy is a total douchebag that needs to be taught a lesson.

With that said I'm jumping on my soap box to address the title of this thread and some of the replies as well as the way some of the posts seem to be going the last few weeks on this site. To start off though I want to say that by and large this is a great site filled with great information and people but one thing lately gets me. This guy is a total dirt bag that just happens to ride a HD. I am also a "Harley guy" that just happens to have a Vmax and you sent me a part, which I received today, without any payment just figuring I would send you payment with shipping when I got it which I did, put the check in the mail this afternoon. Now if I was the dirt bag, idiot or fag that many people have been referring to Harley riders lately I would be putting the part on my bike and forgetting to pay for it. The point is I'm a stand up guy no matter what I ride.
I guess lately the anti-HD mentality has finally gotten to me. I've ridden Yamaha's for nearly 35 years and can say NONE of them looked as good as a Streetglide to me and that's the type of bike I needed so that's what counted.
Just to give you an idea of how I view the difference in riders, in my 26 year career I can count on two hands the amount of times I've run a call on a HD rider. In comparison it would take me two days to count the amount of calls I've run on imports. It would take more than one hand to count the amount of deceased import riders, all single bike accidents, I've run on in the past year.
I am not anti-import obviously if my Vmax is my daily driver and about 1/3 my club rides imports, not to mention my years on a Yamaha and I would never attribute the poor riding strictly to the brand of bike. It was the riders, the vast majority, and that's it.
Sorry about the rant as I have been trying to just take the anti-HD stuff with a grain of salt but I think this finally got to me since this title includes me even though my dealings with the author is completely different.
Sorry Kyle I'll get off my soapbox and step away from the computer now.

Kyle I have to agree that this guy is a total douchebag that needs to be taught a lesson.

With that said I'm jumping on my soap box to address the title of this thread and some of the replies as well as the way some of the posts seem to be going the last few weeks on this site. To start off though I want to say that by and large this is a great site filled with great information and people but one thing lately gets me. This guy is a total dirt bag that just happens to ride a HD. I am also a "Harley guy" that just happens to have a Vmax and you sent me a part, which I received today, without any payment just figuring I would send you payment with shipping when I got it which I did, put the check in the mail this afternoon. Now if I was the dirt bag, idiot or fag that many people have been referring to Harley riders lately I would be putting the part on my bike and forgetting to pay for it. The point is I'm a stand up guy no matter what I ride.
I guess lately the anti-HD mentality has finally gotten to me. I've ridden Yamaha's for nearly 35 years and can say NONE of them looked as good as a Streetglide to me and that's the type of bike I needed so that's what counted.
Just to give you an idea of how I view the difference in riders, in my 26 year career I can count on two hands the amount of times I've run a call on a HD rider. In comparison it would take me two days to count the amount of calls I've run on imports. It would take more than one hand to count the amount of deceased import riders, all single bike accidents, I've run on in the past year.
I am not anti-import obviously if my Vmax is my daily driver and about 1/3 my club rides imports, not to mention my years on a Yamaha and I would never attribute the poor riding strictly to the brand of bike. It was the riders, the vast majority, and that's it.
Sorry about the rant as I have been trying to just take the anti-HD stuff with a grain of salt but I think this finally got to me since this title includes me even though my dealings with the author is completely different.
Sorry Kyle I'll get off my soapbox and step away from the computer now.
Not a problem I probably should have put the title diffrent. I have lots of good friends that are stand up guys that ride Harleys. It dont matter what you ride if your gonna me an ass your gonna be an ass. I know a guy that owns a metric shop around here that I would not piss on if he was on fire. He is a total ass hole & a thief so they come in every form.

I highly doubt anyone here thinks that owning a HD means you're an asshole or a liar or automatically inconsiderate. There are Hondas with straight pipes that drive around at 30mph in first gear through town and rev the motor at stoplights and it's obvious it's the person, not the badge on the tank. The attention-whore pirate costume "fag" would drill out the exhaust on a scooter.....

That said, it's tough to argue the fact that HD panders to this rebel bad-boy stereotype, and as such the assholes tend to gravitate toward them. For every one import rider I see doing something annoying/lookitme, I've seen a dozen HD guys. Trust me....the poke-at-harley thing is NOT exclusive to VMF....go to any forum, for any non-HD made bike....be it a hayabusa or Vespa, and you'll see the same stuff. Hell...even on HD forums, they talk about "well, we might not be the fastest, or the best built, or the most modern, but we look good"......and if good looks is all you need to enjoy a bike then great, but I need go behind the show to be satisfied.

Nobody is personally insulting you and it's all in fun...honestly I find the whole HD "lifestyle" thing hilarious and evidently a lot of other people do too.

I have friends who ride HDs....they love their hawgs (for whatever reason) and I can't argue with that. They get enjoyment out of it and that's what it's all about.

Kyle no big deal. it was just the last two days I've read a lot of anti-HD posts and then this one hit close to home. Just tripped a switch and I started typing. Sorry if it seemed like I was coming down on you, it was really just the overall mood I've been encoutering the last two weeks.

Ra I know the poke at the HD is not exclusive to this site. I've been on forums that dealt with the bikes I've owned for as long as I can remember and there is always some poking, including the HD forums themselves. And although I'm fairly thick skinned there has been a lot of negativity as of late that is just BS and not poking fun at. If you don't ride one, and from your response it does not appear you like them at all, you probably wouldn't notice the amount. However since it does affect me I do notice the nastiness among the humor.
I'm not saying anyone needs to change, when I've had enough of it I'll move on. But like you mentioned, it should be all about riding and enjoying the open road because anyone can easily bring up instances about complete assholes on any brand or type of bike, including Vmaxes. Hell I'm sure there have been members here that were bounced at one time or another for being a douche.

Kyle sorry for the hijack, I still think the guy is an asshat that needs a lesson.

Hell I'm sure there have been members here that were bounced at one time or another for being a douche.

Yep...there have been, though not many. "Nobody" comes to mind in that regard....

your guilty of having a heart.and being a friend.And trying to help a fellow biker .he will loose in the long run he not only screwed his mechanic 'he lost a possible new friend,his loss.I had a customer come by after he had ripped me and ask would i install a trans in his truck,I reminded him he never paid for the motor work i did on his wifes car 2 months eariler,also he was the reason i had to buy the children's christmas on a credit card,self centered bastard.The good outweigh the bad,you did the right thing,BEST OF LUCK

Maybe I'm way out of line here but I think your good friend should consider paying up on behalf of the douche-bag he sent your way. A real friend would not send a deadbeat to you for a paying job so if he mistakenly sent this scum-bag your way, then he should take some responsibility for the fallout. Then these 2 "friends" can sort out their money issues.

Apologies if I am too outspoken.

Blaine

Personally, I get on the anti-Harley kick because a large part of the H-D guys and their followers think they are better than everybody else. How many times have I heard the comments at bike shows, bars, and even in the elevators at work to the effect of "There are HD riders, and riders that wish they were HD riders." (Note, those same commuters at work probably ride in 2-3x a year, I do that in a week! Such tough guy riders) That kind of mentality, and it strongly exists, just puts me off.

It's a typical case of some people ruining it for the rest - I know plenty of HD riders that are great guys. My good friend is a career HD mechanic for the local stealership - he see's this stuff for what it is.

Earlier this spring, I had a Sportster pull up to me at a light. Nice babe blue/black 2 tone, it looks pretty cool, and I popped my shield to tell the rider it looked nice, nicer than my Sportster. He accepted the compliment, and then proceeded to berate my Vmax by asking why I downgraded. I explained I was interested in more than a look, I like some HP to go with that. Just amazing, the mentality. I mean heck, I OWN a Sportster- granted I don't ride it more than 2-3x a year because it's permanently gifted it to a friend in need, but it's still my name on the title. And I don't hate the bike, but if it was at home, in my garage, alongside my Vmax, I know it would just sit there all season anyways.

So, I can understand the anti-HD commentary, because if you're not in, you're out, at least with a lot of those folk. That said, I give everybody the benefit of the doubt, if they prove themselves to be what I consider the typical HD fanboy, I'm done.

Blaine - I think you might be on to something. I would at least expect the refer-er to be heavily involved in the recovery process, and if it doesn't go well, to consider helping out.

I have my fingers crossed for this afternoon but I am not holding my breath. Meanwhile I guess I need to get out in the garage I have a Triumph Rocket out here that needs tires & 2 Yamaha Scooters that have been sitting & need the carbs cleaned & new fuel & A guy waiting to bring a KLR & TL 1000 as soon as I get these out of here & I know there good paying customers. The scooters I am working on belong to the Seargent that runs the local Jail & I do work for a couple other of the higher ups around there they told me to let them know if he did not pay up & they might can help me out a little.

Hey Kyle, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for whatever VMax parts you send me today! I never heard what was resolved with your 1985 side cover debacle. So there is two losers I know you have come in contact with. Think about how many people you deal with and how many actually "dick" you on something. Surely the decent folk vastly outnumber the jerks. I can think of only four A holes I ever dealt with in Vmax activity and I go back to 1986! I do hope the guy pays up and I did like the comment that the "friend" pay you and he collect from the guy. As far as the HD argument goes, I know the spirit in which you started this post. Of course, Harley riders have NEVER said anything disparaging about a Jap bike right?!
PATMAX

I like Harley guys/gals. They seem to think differently than others and have some really nice paint schemes on their bike. They hold a rally twice a year just 20 miles from my house and have a hell of a good time. It seems like half the law enforcement in my town are in a group called chapter 13 so thats the group I happen to hang out with because I know most of them.
But I don't knock Harley's, my first bike was a 3 wheel service cycle my dad bought from the New Orleans police dept. at an auction they held while replacing their fleet of motor cycles.

Back