Damn Harley Guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Damn Harley Guys

Hey Kyle, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for whatever VMax parts you send me today! I never heard what was resolved with your 1985 side cover debacle. So there is two losers I know you have come in contact with. Think about how many people you deal with and how many actually "dick" you on something. Surely the decent folk vastly outnumber the jerks. I can think of only four A holes I ever dealt with in Vmax activity and I go back to 1986! I do hope the guy pays up and I did like the comment that the "friend" pay you and he collect from the guy. As far as the HD argument goes, I know the spirit in which you started this post. Of course, Harley riders have NEVER said anything disparaging about a Jap bike right?!
PATMAX
I would send you what ever you needed & let you pay. I have had very good luck with this forum. I have sent numerous people stuff on here before payment & never had a problem. I am not gonna let one local guy or the guy with the side covers ruin it for everyone. I believe in Karma ! Out of all the work I do & parts I send out this in the only 2 people I have had dick me around but like you said that is not bad Odds. Actually I should have started the post diffrent. I was just venting a little I should have said damb Harley Guy (noy guys) that would have been pointing it at one person which is what I meant to do. I did not mean to intentionally point it at every one that rides a Harley.

Seems like a lot of threads lately are turning into "us against them" type discussions and I think that's a shame! I happen to like Harley's, I think they're beautiful bikes and wouldn't mind owning one at all....just didn't happen to go in that direction, but not because I hate the product.

Sure, Harley has that 'bad boy' image thing going in their marketing campaign, why not....it sells the product! But you know what....so do we V Maxxers! We have our patches, pins, hats & t-shirts showing the "iconic muscle bike of the 80's," back tire smoking down the street....pretty 'in your face arrogant' I'd say.

Different approach but basically the same sales philosophy....and yeah, some of the Harley guys take it too far....but so do some of the V Max guys. We see it more often with Harley guys simply because there are more Harleys out there than V Max's. Think there's probly 1,000 Harley's to every V Max around here.... just a numbers game, plain & simple.

It's JMO of course, but there are assholes & douchebags everywhere.....some drive Harley's, some drive V-Max's and some don't even have a bike at all.....Kyle just happened to cross paths with one that has a Harley....the bike didn't make him that way....chances are he was always an asshole.

Let's not take it to the point where we're driving good guys away from the forum because we let it become just another _________ (brand of choice) bashing platform!

I'm done now!

Seems like a lot of threads lately are turning into "us against them" type discussions and I think that's a shame! I happen to like Harley's, I think they're beautiful bikes and wouldn't mind owning one at all....just didn't happen to go in that direction, but not because I hate the product.

Sure, Harley has that 'bad boy' image thing going in their marketing campaign, why not....it sells the product! But you know what....so do we V Maxxers! We have our patches, pins, hats & t-shirts showing the "iconic muscle bike of the 80's," back tire smoking down the street....pretty 'in your face arrogant' I'd say.

Different approach but basically the same sales philosophy....and yeah, some of the Harley guys take it too far....but so do some of the V Max guys. We see it more often with Harley guys simply because there are more Harleys out there than V Max's. Think there's probly 1,000 Harley's to every V Max around here.... just a numbers game, plain & simple.

It's JMO of course, but there are assholes & douchebags everywhere.....some drive Harley's, some drive V-Max's and some don't even have a bike at all.....Kyle just happened to cross paths with one that has a Harley....the bike didn't make him that way....chances are he was always an asshole.

Let's not take it to the point where we're driving good guys away from the forum because we let it become just another _________ (brand of choice) bashing platform!

I'm done now!
+ 1 As I said in a previous thread I should have put Damb Harley Guy(not Guys) so it was pointed at one & not all. I was just venting when typing & realized it later & dont know how to change the title of a Thread. Or maybe I should have put the title as Scumbag ! I oppolgize to any one I may have offended. I did dot mean for the thread to get pointed at everyone.

+ 1 As I said in a previous thread I should have put Damb Harley Guy(not Guys) so it was pointed at one & not all. I was just venting when typing & realized it later & dont know how to change the title of a Thread. Or maybe I should have put the title as Scumbag ! I oppolgize to any one I may have offended. I did dot mean for the thread to get pointed at everyone.

I wasn't directing my long rambling post at you Kyle....please don't take it that way. I meant that it doesn't seem to take much provocation lately for a thread to turn into a Harley basher....just felt the need to weigh in on the subject, I guess.

Hell, you didn't do any bashing at all that I can see.

Now let's get to the real important stuff.....like where the best pizza joint on the east coast is!! :punk:

I wasn't directing my long rambling post at you Kyle....please don't take it that way. I meant that it doesn't seem to take much provocation lately for a thread to turn into a Harley basher....just felt the need to weigh in on the subject, I guess.

Hell, you didn't do any bashing at all that I can see.

Now let's get to the real important stuff.....like where the best pizza joint on the east coast is!! :punk:
Ok so who is gonna find the Pizza joint between Florida & New York. I guess thats the next big run.

Re: Damb Harley Guy

I know a few local contenders for some good east coast pizza. I consider myself an expert.

When i visited my brother in Milwaukee recently, 1st time there, i made sure to go to the H-D Museum, & it was a great time. The employees were extremely polite and clearly had received training in hospitality management. I would return in the future, well-wort the $ which was v. Reasonable.

I would like a H-D someday but just am not ready to make the financial committment.

Hell, it's 1300 miles from Albany to Oldsmar....halfway being only 650! Peice of cake....er....pizza!! :biglaugh:
I need a good long ride might have to be a plan one day. Hell I made it 1,026 miles from Texas to hear in 16 hours on my other Max. I have to admit I was a little tired though & dont care to do much over 650 a day any more.

Guys I want everyone to know that I didn't mean to single out Kyle as being a Harley guy basher. It just happen to be his post I unleashed in.
As I stated in my first post I have dealt with Kyle in the past, am dealing with him presently and will continue to deal with him in the future. He's a stand up guy that goes out of his way to help others. It just happened that his post was the one that inadvertently pushed me over the edge to start my rant. It was not focused at him and don't want anyone to think it was.

As for pizza, on my last ride from Orlando to New Jersey I couldn't find decent pizza once I left Orlando until I hit south Jersey. So if you know of some in between please post up. My next trip is just months away.

As for pizza, on my last ride from Orlando to New Jersey I couldn't find decent pizza once I left Orlando until I hit south Jersey. So if you know of some in between please post up. My next trip is just months away.

Well, that settles that!! NY is the pizza capital of the world, so let's have some good ol' Manhattan Pizza and I'll throw in the desert brownies!! :punk:

Oh so now you want to skip the ride & us come to New York. If I am riding that far I am headed back to Texas to get some good Mexican Food once I eat that at least I wont run out of gas on the way home. :rofl_200:

Well, that settles that!! NY is the pizza capital of the world, so let's have some good ol' Manhattan Pizza and I'll throw in the desert brownies!! :punk:
Well, NY style pizza anyway. I still won't turn my nose up at a good Chicago style deep dish, either.

In fact the Metric bike Vs. H-D thing is just like Chicago Style Vs NY Style pizza. Both/ either can be great or horrible. ( or 'Mercan Muscle car vs. tuners etc )

Guys I want everyone to know that I didn't mean to single out Kyle as being a Harley guy basher. It just happen to be his post I unleashed in.
As I stated in my first post I have dealt with Kyle in the past, am dealing with him presently and will continue to deal with him in the future. He's a stand up guy that goes out of his way to help others. It just happened that his post was the one that inadvertently pushed me over the edge to start my rant. It was not focused at him and don't want anyone to think it was.

I can give you three or four places in/around Richmond depending on your route.

Oh so now you want to skip the ride & us come to New York. If I am riding that far I am headed back to Texas to get some good Mexican Food once I eat that at least I wont run out of gas on the way home. :rofl_200:

Not at all man, I figured you would say that so my plan is....after we have the NY pie, I'll ride to TX with you for the 'beaner' grub.....that way each style cuisine gets 'equal time'!!

What the hell....gonna dream....dream BIG, right?!! :eek:h yeah:

Well, NY style pizza anyway. I still won't turn my nose up at a good Chicago style deep dish, either.

In fact the Metric bike Vs. H-D thing is just like Chicago Style Vs NY Style pizza. Both/ either can be great or horrible. ( or 'Mercan Muscle car vs. tuners etc )

Yup, I agree with you there DRF.....NY 'style,' in some nice sleepy little roadhouse out in the country! Never intended to actually go INTO NYC to get the pie....no way! Trouble is....same goes for Chi town too....not even with a can of 85 Max-fan's favorite bear spray would I ride into either one of those towns!!

Well I called the guy twice today with no answer so I called his Buddy & he was apologizing like crazy. I dont think he thought the guy would ever do this. I said well I am gonna go ahead & get in contact with my Buddys at the Sheriffs Department that offered me help & get this taken care of. He said let me call him again I am not sure what he told him but I got a text from the guy about 10 minutes later saying he would be here just as soon as he gets off work. He showed up a little bit ago apologizing like crazy & gave me 500 bucks & said he would catch me later tonight & give me the other 50 so at least I got most of it.:biglaugh: Now we have to figure out where this Pizza is at.LOL

Latest posts

Back