Dman999

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking in on the site. Wow Dennis, That's terrible. Glad your head is ok. Please take care of that leg and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Ron

Very Sorry to hear this news... especially when added to the list of VMax brothers that have gone down this year...

My prayers for a full and speedy recovery my friend...

Later/Steve

Wow, glad Dennis is ok, sorry to here what happen. Super cool you guy's was able to find him. Wish Dennis a speedy recover.

Depending on how the helicopter flight was coded for the insurance, the insurance should pick up a MAJOR part.

+1 on the parts...and can you please post a shipping address where they need to be sent?

We're getting Dennis's VMax back from the crook who towed it on Thursday.
We're planning on hanging onto it a few days before we trailer it back to his house - he probably won't be there, anyway.

My plans are to clean the bike well, and inspect for damage.

This may be presumptious of me, but I am going to post a list of the damaged parts, with the request that any members having an extra of them help Dennis out by kicking them into the replacement parts pile...

He got Mercy Flighted to the hospital (we recently found out) - this bill is going to be staggering....
Not presumptuous at all Bill, were here to help out a brother in need! :punk:
+1 Traumahawk, address please!

I've had two life flight against my insurance. Both of them were between $27-$30K
My part after insurance for each was less than $600
Hopefully his will be too.

I'll do what I can when you post a list, although I've already given most of my cosmetic parts away

Crossing the threshold of the trauma suite at one of the Level 1 Trauma Centers here in south FL where I bring EMS students is a $10,000 initial charge, w/the recording secretary keeping track of the work performed and the patient's progress. They're usually out of there in a hour or less to the surgical suites. Emergency medical services use
  • the Platinum Ten Minutes
  • the Golden Hour
to treat the trauma victim and to give him the best chance of survival and recovery. Here is an older article on the principle, and like most things in medicine, opinions can change, given new techniques, equipment, and training:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1116942/

Despite his injuries, Dennis sounds to be in better shape than many trauma patients. I hope he continues to improve and to heal.

I've had two life flight against my insurance. Both of them were between $2K7-$30K
My part after insurance for each was less than $600
Hopefully his will be too.

I'll do what I can when you post a list, although I've already given most of my cosmetic parts away

I got front fender brake and clutch masters handle bars and mirrors I'd be willing to donate

Also I know he had a newer one but if moneys tight and hebcant get forks (if there bent) I got a set of 85's with calipers, rotors, and triple tree just need new seals to get him by till he can get new forks
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I will donate a set adjustable levers for stock clutch and brake masters, and 2 good 93-up rotors, and calipers.

Great news Bill ! Thanks for the updates.

OK Dennis, since the nurses won't be around to get bothered by you .... :biglaugh: .... get to work healing up so you can get back on your feet again soon !

Take a look at the women in these pictures, Kathy, Laura and Elly.. I think Dennis is gonna need - or at least want - TLC for a LONG time!

I know I would!

I went up to see dennis today. He was all drugged up but I knew that was gonna be. He seemed to me like his ordinary self. Just laid up. He had a good sense of humor and couldn't wait to get out. He was tired to I didn't stay long about 45 minutes. I heard about the boot that was pritty funny. Only dennis could almost get a fellony laid up in a hospital not being able to walk or use 90% of his arms lol. ( lit a cigarette thought maybe he would just get yelled at but nope almost got a felony lol!) He is going in for surgery tomorrow on his hand so that would be 3 surgeries this week. He has his right hand all wrapped up he can't use it and he has a titanium plate in his right elbow can't move that arm so he is almost helpless. He has a gash on his bussom and it is bothering him. But he thinks he will be out of hospital by monday

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Awsome!!..........Sounds like he's doing good..............Hey Bill.........Make sure he dosen't try to smuggle and cute nurses out..........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

Latest posts

Back