My Project. 1988 V-Max from Norway.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norway Max

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Wanted to show you the project i've had going during this winter.
I bought this bike last fall, and took it all apart as i wasn't too happy with the way it looked. There was some rust on the frame, and had a bad paint job....
Bought all the OEM parts from partforyamaha.c** (1/3 of the norwegian prices) :) This is what i have done:

Sandblasted the frame and repainted it with four layers.

Sanded the engine and repainted with heat resistant paint, two layers on top with 2 component clear coat good for 140 degrees celsius.

Painted front forks, break calipers, swing arm, rear stay, meter cover, crown and other small parts around.

New parts: Front downpipes, Handlebar, Grips, Mirrors, Handlebar switches, Front master cylinders, Brake disks, Brake pads, Turn signals, Rear fender, Tail light, Speedometer cable and the gear unit on front wheel, all the chromed screws...

It's finally back together, only the side covers and the scopes to be painted and the seat to put back on. I'm painting the side covers and the scoop's black on the lower half...

That's it for now, will post new pictures after i'm finished... :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 139
Thank you guys for the comments.

CustomMax; It's a thin layer of blue pearlescent on top of a base of black. So on cloudy days i have a very dark blue, almost black Max... :)

Very nice work!.........If it runs half as good as it looks you will be a happy camper!........................Tom.

Here is a picture after restoration is done. I think it turned out nice... :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0083.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 59
Beautiful Max my friend!.....Very nice work!......I like the function of my sissy bar but think they look much better without them.................Tom.

It looks really nice man, Winters must be really long over there! :)
Wondering, did you have any screws/bolts/nuts left out once you put it all together or does that happen only to me?

Here is a crazy idea: paint the letters on the scoops and side covers with the same blue!

Thank you guys! :)

I have a rule saying that when temp reaches 10 degrees celsius in the spring, it's time for the first trip of the year... (Happens around beginning of May. Early September season is over...) Gives us a lot of time to shine up the bike for next year.......... :)

Think i managed to get all the screws back in TurcoLoco. Had some leftovers, but that's because i replaced many of them... :)

Hello again Guys!

Adding some new pictures like i promised. It is all done now, and running great. Best bike ever made!! :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0091.jpg
    IMAG0091.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 9
Very nice, is that a full power version,or are they restricted in Norway?

twistedmax: Hi, and thank you. Yes they are restricted, but this is a full power imported from USA. :biglaugh:

twistedmax: Hi, and thank you. Yes they are restricted, but this is a full power imported from USA. :biglaugh:

In that case VERY, VERY NICE!:biglaugh: (by the way, I don't have a MAXGASSER in norway ,yet!)

Hehe, I see.. Well i think i'll keep it like this for a while longer and then we'll see. Thank you anyway.
icon7.gif

Latest posts

Back