Factroy price 1988 V max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's probably just your opinion- I've read great results.

Nope.......I dynod before and after. No hp increase at all. Asher dynod as well. He did multiple runs with his.......and different plug gaps as well.

Every time this comes up I feel the need to clarify. I have never told my customers that the COP mod is going to add HP or may any real improvements when compared to a good functioning stock part. The key to that comment is good functioning. Many of these bikes are ageing and coils/wires are starting to work at less then optimum. So, swapping the parts out "seems" like it's giving you more power.

As far as quality. I think some of the other guys have started recently using all new components though I have not bought a set to take apart and verify. I know that a customer in the last 6-8 months did not have this new stuff?

Gannons resistors or anyone else's for that matter create heat as part of the increased resistance. No way around it. I know of only one resistor failing and that was from a poorly routed cable that got pinched in the seat. Wasn't too big a deal in the long run. I think I had to replace another cable for one that had pulled the connection out of the waterproof terminal end. The customer could have easily fixed it but it was even easier to swap him out and let us fix it.

Also, I know that Gannon does not use about 20% of the coils he gets due to not passing his quality controls. They are fully disassembled, sonic cleaned, assembled and then tested. These ones he doesn't use would likely be ok but just aren't up to his standards. The wiring DOES matter as to which is positive and negative to get proper operation (it will work backwards but not as efficiently).

There isn't a lot of markup by the time he buys the coils, gets all new parts, and puts the labor into it. It's also a much nicer and more professional appearing part and not just covered up with 2 rolls of duct tape and split loom.
Thanks for the clarification but the facebook page says nothing about adding horsepower. I'm saying i can feel the difference and lots of other guys state the same. There was no duct tape on my set and i am perfectly happy with them. I read on gannons' page about burnt wiring and it was different to the other one burning the seat.

Thanks for the clarification but the facebook page says nothing about adding horsepower. I'm saying i can feel the difference and lots of other guys state the same. There was no duct tape on my set and i am perfectly happy with them. I read on gannons' page about burnt wiring and it was different to the other one burning the seat.

It's been in conversations that I've had with unscrupulous sellers that they have mentioned hp gains.....mileage increases......etc. I will have to find those conversations and post them here. It might take a bit because they were 4-6 months ago. .....but I have everything saved.

Sean is one of the most honest sellers that I've ever been around.....and always has quality parts for sale.

Last edited:
After I put cops on my bike I grew two inches, lost 20 pounds, my hair grew back, and I won the lottery... Just sayin'.

After I put cops on my bike I grew two inches, lost 20 pounds, my hair grew back, and I won the lottery... Just sayin'.

I got none of that, it ran smoother and tuned easier but no more power. I did notice an increase in girth though. :rofl_200:

Seriously, it was worth it to me because my coils were split wide open and the HT leads had a bit of corrosion.

Smiling here..already had the japanese sewing machine when i introduced them to the xjr.....yes your right...its a 1300cc sewing machine....silence...lol...thanks again...so much info ...brilliant..

I have definitive proof there is no added horsepower with dyno results including testing a set of his. No his name is not Danny he was being referred to in the post.
Hi Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close. I'm his sister Jan. You should remember as you insulted my husband.

After research they look the same as bird-of-preys'.
I've also been reading how gannons' resistors have burned holes in the seats and others that overheated and melted their wiring.
So the guys name is danny?
I haven't had any problem at all with mine and it does run better.
Everyone else on there says the same thing.

Not this Danny, I can assure you....I'm the carb guy. :punk:

It's been in conversations that I've had with unscrupulous sellers that they have mentioned hp gains.....mileage increases......etc. I will have to find those conversations and post them here. It might take a bit because they were 4-6 months ago. .....but I have everything saved.

Sean is one of the most honest sellers that I've ever been around.....and always has quality parts for sale.

Here is an unscrupulous seller on ebay.

Attachments

• COPS.jpg
    COPS.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back