Source for non-Chinese USB port.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
I"ve been scouring Ebay and called a local place that usually has quality stuff, nobody can come up with a USB port that is not Chinese made. On Ebay I see terms like "US seller, ships from US" or "unbranded" which all mean made in China, I would opt not to trust a seller engaging in this practice anyway.

I'm putting this on my dirt bike to run the GPS and allow me to charge my phone in an emergency. It could see hostile conditions and I will be relying on it quite a distance from any services. Quality is a must and I wont mind paying more than the $8 being charged for $1 Chinese part. It can either be a stand alone, hard mount, pigtail or a cig lighter cog. Any marine solutions are probably ideal but not necessary.

Thanks for sharing sources if anyone has any.

Have you looked at Burnsmoto? I picked one up but the mounting setup was not what I wanted. It has a weatherproof cap and at one time offered a water resistant cap while the usb is plugged in. The website did not mention where they are made, at least from what I could see in my quick look.
Link: https://burnsmoto.com/

I've sold and used the Kuryakyn USB charge port adapter with no issues.

Just don't forget that 80% of that stuff is made in China etc.
Only difference is the CQ (quality control)

Cheap is checked once, if checked at all... the expencive stuff is checked very good.

Thats mostly the issue

Try Tripp-Lite brand USB cables and connectors. They are a US based manufacturer. I got a USB extension cable from them via eBay that was made in USA. (I was surprised)

Some of their stuff is made in China, but every cable and adapter has a lifetime warranty and they have a full support system in Chicago.

From their website:
ABOUT TRIPP LITE

Tripp Lite is a US-based manufacturer of solutions to power, connect, secure and protect equipment for IT environments. From the largest data center to the smallest home office, Tripp Lite products keep your equipment running effectively and efficiently. Outstanding reliability, competitive pricing and exceptional service have been Tripp Lite trademarks for over 95 years.

Latest posts

Back