What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Install the new hoses today and just set down and look at the bike to see what else I can do to her.

Attachments

• P1060502.JPG
    P1060502.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 39
  • P1060486.JPG
    P1060486.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 35
  • P1060482.JPG
    P1060482.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 35
  • P1060489.JPG
    P1060489.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 37
Installed my new to me speedo and test fitted my Fork Braces.
I still need to have the top tabs made up and then welded to the frame.

I also installed the lower profile V-Star mirrors and sat on the bike to see how I like them.
I Like them a LOT !
I can see out of them as good or better than the stock mirrors.

Attachments

• DSCF5273.jpg
    DSCF5273.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF5275.jpg
    DSCF5275.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 33

I also installed the lower profile V-Star mirrors and sat on the bike to see how I like them.
I Like them a LOT !

Glad to see it coming together!!!

I Like them a LOT !

You should be up running soon...

^ Thanks Guys !
It definitely getting closer everyday.

I'm taking my time though.
I won't be able to ride until Spring anyways.
I will be dropping off my tins for paint with Matt Donnelly tomorrow.
He's painting them for free so he can take as long as he wants, LOL.
But I know it will really start looking good again once that is done and the yare re-installed.

I started it & realized it is missing some. Its been sitting in the corner for a while now cant even remember the last time I rode it. I guess I need to get it out and ride it a little

Time to ride, let the out doors air hit you in the face.

Got some stage 7 needles from Sean yesterday, hoping to get em in this weekend and finally get my tunin right!

I figure 152.5 mains, 2nd clip on the needle and 177.5 paj2 should be a pretty good starting point.

Finished my radial upgrade project and rode her to work. Metzeler Z8's. Kosman weldup 5.5 x 17 rear. Rides like she's on rails! Plus I like the polished look better than the stock black ones (2005). Also did the Motodynamic LED taillight mod- made me nervous cutting up that inner fender and tabs but I really like the way it cleaned up the rear.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 51
Finished my radial upgrade project and rode her to work. Metzeler Z8's. Kosman weldup 5.5 x 17 rear. Rides like she's on rails! Plus I like the polished look better than the stock black ones (2005). Also did the Motodynamic LED taillight mod- made me nervous cutting up that inner fender and tabs but I really like the way it cleaned up the rear.

I like the look of the wheel what size is it, is it on the a stock vmax wheel. Man me tripping I kosman wheel thanks for posting this. I like a lot.

Do it give you a harder ride.

I like the look of the wheel what size is it, is it on the a stock vmax wheel. Man me tripping I kosman wheel thanks for posting this. I like a lot.

Do it give you a harder ride.

I rank radials the #1 improvement to make on a VMax. You only need a modded rear wheel for your radial tire, you can use your stock front wheel, it's not optimal width for the radial tire bead, but if you stay w/a 110 width, it can work.

I do not notice a 'harder ride.' I do notice better steering, not as-much wandering in the upper-third of the speedo (anywhere, really) and just a more-pleasant riding experience.

I rank radials the #1 improvement to make on a VMax. You only need a modded rear wheel for your radial tire, you can use your stock front wheel, it's not optimal width for the radial tire bead, but if you stay w/a 110 width, it can work.

I do not notice a 'harder ride.' I do notice better steering, not as-much wandering in the upper-third of the speedo (anywhere, really) and just a more-pleasant riding experience.

What was the turn around time on the wheel, Do I have to buy another and send to kosman. I may do this mod. I really like the look of the stock rims just me mind you. Do you have the swing arm notch for the tire.

Man I'm happy with having 170 shinko tires on the bike that was a very strong plus. I did take the bike out today when my wifie lift man it hurts to ride. But very nice day in MD.

Latest posts

Back