92 vmax with stage 7, no fuel when warm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful removing pfj and main bleed pipe....use a good flat blade that fits the slots nice and tight.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Re: 92 vmax with stage 7, no fuel when worm

There are two caps but three tunnels. Orient jet block with main jet facing up and block tunnels facing you.

The right tunnel is blank and for the choke circuit. Big rubber cap goes in middle tube (main jet bleed pipe) and small cap on left which caps the pfj.

Get small container of fresh gas and keep those caps, jet block gasket and all orings in there while cleaning.

The tops of the rubber caps have a squared off side that needs to go back on the same way it comes off.

The squared sides generally face the bowl edge but doesn't really matter. As long as they fit tight.

Not sure what cost is from those guys. Best ya contact them.you can look up posts from both and the reviews people posted. Results are more then extatic.

So I pulled the carbs, cleaned them, and put them back together. The long tubes with all the holes in them was not too bad. For the most part, all the holes on the side were clean. But the little one on the other hand. . . yeah I'm glad ya all told me about those jets. The little ones were all plugged. When I pulled the rubber cap off, all four of them had a pretty thick membrain of black stuff against the rubber plug.
Also, the little jets (I am assuming these are the mains) all are marked with a 37.5. Is this normal for a stage 7?

That's the pilot fuel jet and 37.5 is the stock size. The main is on the top of the block.

So I pulled the carbs, cleaned them, and put them back together. The long tubes with all the holes in them was not too bad. For the most part, all the holes on the side were clean. But the little one on the other hand. . . yeah I'm glad ya all told me about those jets. The little ones were all plugged. When I pulled the rubber cap off, all four of them had a pretty thick membrain of black stuff against the rubber plug.
Also, the little jets (I am assuming these are the mains) all are marked with a 37.5. Is this normal for a stage 7?
The 37.5 are your pilot jets. The one attached to the top of the jet block are your mains probably 170 or 165 dj (dyno jet) if you have stage 7. The 37.5's are your most problematic as they are the smallest.

Well all 4 of the pilot jets were plugged. . . guessing this might be my running issues. Maybe? I ordered up the suggested fuel pump and battery. Should have them by the end of the week.

Yeah, PFJ's impact anything at small throttle openings or up to 5K at full throttle.

Well all 4 of the pilot jets were plugged. . . guessing this might be my running issues. Maybe? I ordered up the suggested fuel pump and battery. Should have them by the end of the week.

Yep. Thats what provides fuel while your running around town.

So is there a check valve of some sort on the fuel line someplace in the fuel tank? Like on the metal line that drops into the tank?

So I fixed it. . . I think. Not sure what it was for sure, but I put the new pump in and I didn't even make it to the end of my 100 foot driveway. Pulled it back into the garage and pulled the fuel line going to to carbs and turned the key on. And the new pump doesn't even click, give it a little tap and it comes back to life. So the new pump will start up sometimes and not others, so it's going back to that place I bought it from.

Pushed some air into the tank backwards through the fuel line on the tank. Also took the old pump apart and started blowing through the diephrams in it. Put it all back together and drove it for 20 miles before I got too wet and cold in the rain:) thanks guys for all your help. Maybe it was some crap in the metal line in the tank, maybe it was that the old fuel pump just needed to be taken apart and cleaned a little. Either way, it now works. . . for 20 miles anyway. :)

Latest posts

Back