has been sitting awhile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
There is probably a thread for this if there is i cant find it , got a max coming from overseas at present its going thru customs etc , been to my local dealer wanting a full service he recommended pulling carbs to bits etc for a clean , im just wondering what else should i need to get done on it ???:confused2:

What's wrong with the bike that has prompted him to encourage you to spend money on it already?

Awesome mechanic you have there. Seems to be able to telepathically diagnose a problem with a bike that is still overseas.

Wait and see what you get before you do anything.

How about a little input

Mileage
Year

:ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm:

Rubbing my crystal ball and seeing what else it needs

Why do some of you guys do this ask a question and give little to no information. Paint color isnt needed when your having electro,mechanical problems:rofl_200:

I agree, get it here. Change the oil and diff fluid youself. Get new spark plugs which you can do yourself. Drain the fuel (either by siphon or by the drain plug on the bottom of the tank) which you can do yourself. Put in fresh fuel and seafoam and take it for a ride. You might surprise yourself if the bike runs well. Will save you a crapload of money too.

Sean

Sean is correct...as usual :biglaugh: Start smart and small then work your way from there if needed.

If they shipped it dry (like they should have), even better.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Neil

How about a little input

Mileage
Year

:ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm:

Rubbing my crystal ball and seeing what else it needs

Why do some of you guys do this ask a question and give little to no information. Paint color isnt needed when your having electro,mechanical problems:rofl_200:

Is a 92 model with 23 kms motor looks to be in good condition

I agree, get it here. Change the oil and diff fluid youself. Get new spark plugs which you can do yourself. Drain the fuel (either by siphon or by the drain plug on the bottom of the tank) which you can do yourself. Put in fresh fuel and seafoam and take it for a ride. You might surprise yourself if the bike runs well. Will save you a crapload of money too.

Sean

Good call was thinking that myself but wanted other opinions .:clapping:

Sean is correct...as usual :biglaugh: Start smart and small then work your way from there if needed.

If they shipped it dry (like they should have), even better.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Neil

Will do as got fone call thia arvo and its cleared thru customs so i would say mon - tues my time . :rocket bike:

Hi Lefty,
Speaking of changing fluids------- the bike is 16 years old and a change of the clutch and brake fluids is in order.
Lew

Rang up testing station here who is gonna do the compliance so can get it on the road and they said needs to go to bike shop as they have to do a brake test and have something in writing for compliance so they might as well change filters etc

Make sure you go to a different bike shop.

The 1st dealer is already ringing the cash register.

I don't see any dang reason why the dealer has to perform the work. You can still do all the work and just have them do the "inspection". I would bet the inspection doens't even have to be done at a motorcycle dealer.

Sean

I don't see any dang reason why the dealer has to perform the work. You can still do all the work and just have them do the "inspection". I would bet the inspection doens't even have to be done at a motorcycle dealer.

Sean

Have checked with testing station (compliance) and inspection has to be done by a daeler and have there stamp on it , we dont have seafoam here is there anything else that comes highlt recommended ?

Re: has been sitting awhile - Update

Well i finally got the bike yesterday , had to get a rear disc as it was really thin and not within Yamaha specs and would not of got compliance , but everything else was good . But tach not working but will search forum hopefully an easy fix. After putting on plates and fueling up has been along wait even if its middle of winter rain , wind and a cold southerly W T F and no gloves a 20km trip home :punk:

Back