Final Drive pb :(

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I need to replace the ring gear and the drive pinion gear of my 91 lady.
But impossible to find those part here, unless I try to order it from yamaha.
Any idea where I can find that ? or should I think about changing the full drive shaft (more easy to find) ?

I need those parts in Philippines btw :)

Thanks by advance for the advice

Michael

You don't want to try and buy just the internal parts. Get a complete diff. I have stock ones for $150 or Venture units for $200 (they lower your cruising rpm by abouit 10%).

Sean

Thanks for the reply sean.
My only pb here, it's taking so long to order parts from yamaha japan, almost 2 months and they charge a lot. I might still check.
I have to react quickly before it's getting worst, the final drive sounds like dying, I wouldn't damage it more than what it is already.

Is it a complete v-max diff ? better the vmax than the venture one ?

Michael

These would be complete diffs. Simply bolt on and add fluid. The venture unit lowers rpm's to take the buzz away on the highway but you lose a little bit of acceleration. Neither one is stronger or better then each other. Just have different gear ratios.

Sean

sounds interesting, have you an idea of the shipping fees for Philippines, Sean ?

I will stay on a vmax diff, just to keep the same behavior :)

Michael

I am not sure what it weighs? If it's 30lbs (probably not that heavy) then it would be $175 just to ship it. The lighter it is the cheaper by far it gets. Anyone have one loose they can weigh?

Sean

Looks like if I can get it into a large flatrate USPS box it will ship for $50 if it's under 20lbs.

Sean

sounds interesting, have you an idea of the shipping fees for Philippines, Sean ?

I will stay on a vmax diff, just to keep the same behavior :)

Michael

I doubt you'll be doing alot of highway cruizing in the Phillippines.I personally agree that I prefer to keep the lower gearing of the Vmax rearend and gears.

Just a point of interest, I tried buying a new crownwheel & pinion from yamaha, and was informed that I could not buy them separately, and that I would have to buy a complete unit. I picked up a second hand unit instead.

Just email me at [email protected]

Your best payment option would be through Paypal using that same email. Pay it anytime you are ready. Make sure you put Vmax diff in the subject.

Sean

Back