Vmax vs. Vrod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Who cares about the 109, it is hideous looking and it's a vtwin.

Second, it took 25 years for suzuki to come up with a bike to compete with the max. And it isnt really a fair comparison, the 109 is a larger diplacement than the vmax. So even with a larger displacement they can barely beat a max. they have been playing catch up

Third, they will continue to play catch up especially to the new Vmax. how can anyone be proud that their new modern 109 can maybe beat a max, a 25 year old outdated bike.

Last, can a stock 109 claim a high 9 sec 1/4 mile, NO, it cant but the Gen 1 vmax can. and there are plenty of other low 10 sec runs recorded

Soooooo, you and the 109 boys better watch out for the new max.

See ya, in the rear view mirror that is.
your giving the 109 to much credit .. on the street its not even close...amazing how a 23 year old design can still be king...that v boost does its job

Can't wait untill I'm confident enough to run it! My buddy has a M109r and I like it's styling but I am far more attracted to the Max. Looks like I will have someone to go up against soon enough!

Guys, I'm a VMax fan, but I have read this much BS in a long time.

A stock VMax may outrun an M109, but that doesn't mean it's a fast bike. Cool bike. Fast for its day, but it's gonna take the '09 to restore the rep.

Guys, I'm a VMax fan, but I have read this much BS in a long time.

A stock VMax may outrun an M109, but that doesn't mean it's a fast bike. Cool bike. Fast for its day, but it's gonna take the '09 to restore the rep.

gen 1 need no bike to restore its rep... its rep is bigger than life .. thats what a rep is all about respect........if not for the gen 1 the new max would be just another fast bike lost in the mix of all the other fast bikes being made... without the rep of the old max its just another bike

That's why you can even walk into a Yamaha dealer and some of their own employees have never even heard of them?

The Max is a great bike, but you gotta admit, its rep has slipped. It's not the bike that everyone dreams about any longer. Some of us. Yep. The '09 will put it back on the map, IMO.

I have several older friends around here with Screaming Eagle V-Rods that have been riding since the 60's & 70's. They actually run the "PeaceMaker" sand drag/MC foundation behind our property.

These are the Outlaw bikers, not the ride for charity group you're thinking about. The very ones that had a blood feud with the Iron Horsemen in the mid 70's from KY.

Anyway...

I'm like little old brother to them, and when a pledge wants to test his mighty V-Rip against all comers, they call me. Even had a dude with a CVO built V-Rip that didn't want any of Max. I'm part of the hazing process I guess :confused2:.

I weigh 170 full leather and ready to go...Vrods are not something Max and I even give a second thought about.

Hardly Davidson is what I call em' :biglaugh: Makes them madder than hell!!!

Neil

the gen 1 vmax is not a known bike to the 20 some crowd for the most part they are all about the gixxers and busas i know i was there had a busa,ninja,cbr, harley ect.. guys and some girls in their 30's + know the vmax and its bad draw the driver in chalk rep. i am on my 4th max and until the mid to late 90's not many had a chance in the strait line. i have heard what was said and all partys have made good points i just keep one thing in mind its 23yrs old its the king of the cruisers its still out runs new technology and the gen 1 max will always have respect for every one person who dont like it or who has never heard of one there are a dozen that have and do. if the gen 2 is all that we will have the same talk in 22 more years.
Chris :worthy:

Say Bawls,
I don't believe that most of us on this V-Max site want to bust your b@lls but we do really like our V-Max's. I've often been to other V-Max sites and they really like thier V-Max's also. ( except the carbs):biglaugh:
We know there are a few other bikes out there that can out run a 22+year old design. But So What???? What "cruzer" came close 20 years ago--they are all playing catch-up.
So enough of this "my bike is faster than your bike" crap. I'll bet that there is a Suzi site that thinks thier M-109 is a great bike and fast for a cruzer. Or a Kawasiki site that thinks the ZX is great( oh wait--- www.bigbikeworld.comOr 1000 Hardly Drivable sites that think we all drive "Jap Crap".
When I feel like more speed than my V-Max I just drive a faster bike:eusa_dance:
So lets let this one drop off into the either before it get locked or someone get dropped ( Remember "firefly"

Lew

I am in no way saying that the 109 is the fastest bike. Mr. Max still reigns supreme in the cruiser class... All i was simply stating is that the vmax isn't the ONLY fast bike, and you can't count the other 2 competitors out. Remember that a good rider on either of the other bikes on the street will give ANY piped max a run for their money as long as it's not too long of a race. A 1.6 60ft is a 1.6 no matter how you look at it. That's the same reason that mr. max is able to hurt the feelings of most sportbikes redlight to redlight. The screamin' eagle v-rod and M109R are very very close in comparison to the max if you go stock against stock. Especially if the person on the 109 is someone like my dad who weighs 148 lbs sopping wet. For what it's worth, the only reason that i bought the zx14 over a vmax is because i couldn't get a loan from my bank for a used max, and i couldn't see paying 3,000 dollars more for an 07 max than i paid for my 14. Turns out i got my 90 model for 500 dolars with 2 sets of carbs in boxes in a gazillion pieces lmfao.

add a jsd and the 109 will burry the needle at 150 and keep pulling. too bad all motorcycles have about a 10% error. Stock v-max... 11.30. Ask sean morley. I'm not trying to say that the other bikes are faster than a v-max. In fact, if i get mine going again and i get outrun i'll know that it was rider error. The other bikes are no slouches though. You better hope to god that you're not a big guy and tangle up with my dad's 07 m109r that has a jsd (removes the top speed limiter by tricking the bike into thinking that it's in 4th gear). If so, you're screwed.

Dude If I was closer to Cali which I am not thankfully, I would piss all over your Dads m109 and your grandpas bike with my VMAX! I am done arguing with you helicopter jumper. Post some videos at the dragstrip!!
I say to myself I am not going to argue with a kid.:bang head:

Go take another hit.

Wait a minute... you're saying that your bike is going to go 7/10ths of a second faster when you finally get the balls to spray and i'm the one that's taking hits? You better have a 75 shot or bigger, because the best you're going to gain is 3-4 tenths of a second. with a 30-40 shot. But you should know that since you've been racing bikes for so long. Be glad that you're not in california. I'd be forced to line up against you on my little pile of plastic. The way that you talk about your bike like it's the only fast bike on the planet, i'd think that you've been hanging out on the 109 boards. As for pissing all over the stock 109... it would be past the 330 ft when you were able to, because his 60' times are the same. Like i said... the 109 isn't faster than the vmax, but it will give it a good run. You had better not be a fat ass or a bad rider or you're going home with hurt feelings.

Well this thread has run its course. If you guys want to still fight about it, settle it with PMs.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back